Chapter 31

The day of the party came and I found myself more concerned with the fact that Damon had not come home last night. I both fell asleep and woke up to an empty and completely unruffled bed. He had not done this in a while, not coming home. Was I allowed to question it, should I not be relieved instead? The truth was, I could not get much sleep because of the pressure that took home in between my legs. There was a new found yearness for Damon's presence, his touch, and body. It was hard to realize that I wanted more no matter how rough nor painful.
Sometime late afternoon, a group of humans came in to replace the bed. They stared at me with pity and knowing gazes as if they knew exactly what had happened. I had shrunk under their gaze and felt undeniable shame.
Maybe because I liked sleeping with Damon? Actually, I loved it. 

Maria burst into the room sometime around five. She had a dozen black dresses hung on a rolling metal closet.

"We have three hours to get you ready, Bullet will be here at eight pm sharp."

"Did you hear anything, any news?" I intervened. I tucked the birth control that I was fiddling with back into the closet. I made a mental reminder to take it after my period was over

"Nothing yet, but I have a guy looking."

"Who-"

"Now shut your mouth. We can't talk about this anymore."

I gazed at the row of dresses on display.

"Why are the dresses all black?"

"It's an all black event, Master Damon said to dress you in black."

"But that was changed, last night. He told me to tell you," I lied.

"And why didn't you? I woke up early and had all these dresses picked out just for tonight!"

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot."

"Well what's the new color? We've got to settle for whatever is in your closet."

"You don't need to worry, Damon knew it was last minute, he already picked a dress out," I said while heading to the closet.

"Let's see it."

I picked up a bright red gown that was wrapped in plastic. I displayed it to Maria who seemed taken back by the choice.

"He chose this?"

I shrugged," I guess so."

She gazed at the heart shaped hemline of the rather generous cleavage," it's a little risky, don't you think?"

"I agree, but I would rather not disobey him anymore. Next time I'm sure he'll just kill me."

Maria grabbed the dress and examined it," alright well...if this is what he wants. I guess the color represents all of the bloodshed that they are celebrating...sickening isn't it?"

"Exactly."

Eight pm rolled around, I strut down the stairs and to the foyer, loud black heels glistening and clacking against the shiny marble. Like last time, Maria had transformed me into a glamorous and stunning woman. My dress had to be the bright shade of red to have ever existed, and i was sure that it was going to drive Damon insane.I shrugged on a big black fur jacket to cover my outfit. I intended for the reveal to be just as dramatic as the dress. I had no motive by disobeying him, I simply wanted to make him mad just as he had done by making distance between Evan and I. Outside now, the call that was pulling up was not Bullet's van, it was a black convertible sports car that roared loud enough to alert everyone within a mile of its presence. It halted next to me but the roaring did not stop, the engine hissed almost threateningly, driving the car was Damon dressed elegantly in a black suit. I felt the pressure between my legs once again.
Fuck.