Chapter 12

The path following the burgundy carpet led to a raised marble stage that homed what seemed to be a VIP seating area. On the couches sat the wolf men from the pack meeting I had eavesdropped on during my first night here, I recognized Luke once again. On their sides were the only mortal girls present, the dolls. They chatted amongst themselves, seemingly happy enough. Out of the twelve girls I counted, ten were visibly pregnant. Enjoying a cigar that was in his mouth, arms wrapped around one of the girls, and the other homing a glass of whiskey was Damon. He was not dressed in a suit, but dark gray dress pants and a white button up that bulged with muscle. I stood by the edge of the stage for a moment, waiting for him to recognize me, to realize my presence. I could not help the jab of jealousy as the girl on Damon's side snuggled closer to him. She took the cigar from his lips and puffed on it, she had tattoos all along the right side of her body and neck. Her beautiful dress bore slits to expose the right side of her stomach, legs and cleavage. There was a guard, another wolf man standing by the stairs that bid entrance to their booth. He hadn't looked at me yet and so I cleared my throat.
He finally took notice of my arrival and said,"Which pack leader do you belong to?"

"I don't belong to any of the leaders," I mumbled," I belong to the alpha."

His eyes widened slowly. He stuttered an apology while he stepped aside and let me through. I stumbled up the stairs, struggling to keep the heavy fur jacket on my shoulders whilst holding on to the railing. When I reached the stage, it took a moment for Damon to finally realize that I had arrived. It was the girl on his side that noticed me first, her bright green eyes landed on me and she said," who's human doll is this?"

Damon's gaze met mine finally, as well as the rest of the lot. There were around 25 people in the VIP area, all the leaders of the pack I assumed and their dolls.

Expect for her, I thought, staring at the only wolf girl here, she must be who he's fucking when he's not fucking me.

"She's mine," Damon's deep voice said," let her sit."

The wolf girl revealed her teeth to me and slowly stood to her feet. She bent and placed both her hands on Damon's lap while facing her perfect ass my way and kissed his lips," I'll see you later."

I swallowed back the lump in my throat and felt myself shrink. She pushed past me, heading slowly down the stairs and joining the rest of the party. Damon ushered for me to sit, and there was sudden silence amongst the horde as I took my seat beside him. Finally, it was Luke who spoke and said," Fucking hell. Of course he's the lucky bastard that gets the hottest one."

My face flushed pink while the others roared with drunken laughter.

Sometime during the night, I realized that I might have been tipsy for the first time in my life. The world seemed to move just a little bit slower, and I began to understand why Damon came home drunk every night.
It was a lovely feeling, to care about nothing but the breeze of where the night might take you. I felt like I could fly.
Speaking with the other dolls, I had realized that they all seemed content with their placements, happy with their partners who did not hurt them. It seemed that it was me that had been cursed with the fate of the vicious alpha. Daphine, a gorgeous blond woman, had revealed that Arnold-her mate-hadn't sent her to their basement cell ever since she had gotten pregnant.

"When he gets mad at me, he remembers I'm carrying his half breed, he's so much nicer!"

Tiffany, a petite black haired girl said that her mate hadn't laid a harmful hand on her, ever since she too became with child. I felt eyes on me and turned my face to discover Damon, who had moved to sit across the booth with the other men. His eyes had gone dark and he was studying my body from my heeled feet, up the slit that exploded my naked legs and thighs, to my cleavage and then my face. He licked his lips with hunger and I felt myself blush once again. I took a quick sip of my drink and stood up.