Chapter 2:

Nee

"What's up lil sis?" Shawn answers the phone.

"Where are you?" I ask.

"On the road." He said speaking in code which meant he was out of town doing something drug related. "Why, what's wrong?"

"Mom is drinking again. I'ma just go to Morgan's."

"Shit. Ard call Mogul to come get you tho." He said.

"Okay." I said.

I grabbed my bag I already had packed walking into the hallway bumping into my mom who was stumbling up the stairs with a liquor bottle.

"You know you don't have to stress so much you end up drinking anymore, right? Shawn takes care of us. He always will." I said to her. I knew it was no use since she was too gone to listen and comprehend what I was saying, but I still felt the need to say it.

"I'ma get it together one day baby. I'ma stop drinking." She slurred before disappearing into her bedroom.

"Yeah that's what you always say." I mumbled before jogging down the stairs and leaving the house.

Q

"Momma what's up?" I say jumping on her bed where she laid watching her show.

I came over to visit her like I always do.

"Boy quit jumping on my damn bed." She snaps at me. "You ain't little no more."

I chuckled. "What you do today?" I ask her.

"Lay in my bed. I made some breakfast if you want some."

"Oh word?" I wasted no time jumping up going downstairs to the kitchen.

"Fuck yeah." I said uncovering the food to see she made steak, cheese eggs, and fried potatoes.

"Watch ya mouth boy." She said coming into the kitchen. "And don't make a mess."

"I got this momma." I said kissing her cheek then putting my plate in the microwave.

"Where is my baby Mogul at? He better come over soon and bring my Morgan."

"I'ma tell him. I'm going over there later." I said looking through her mail seeing what bills are due.

"That was so good." I said rubbing my stomach after I finished eating.

"You a damn mess boy." She said grabbing my plate to wash it.

"I could do that momma." I said only for her to flag me off.

I pulled out money counting two thousand out then placing it on the counter near the mail. Enough to cover the bills and for her to have some spending money.

"There you go trying to sneak and leave money. How are you getting this money?" My mom asks.

"Don't worry about that. Just know ya son always got you." I say kissing her forehead telling her I love her then leaving.

Me and Mogul were sitting on his porch rolling up. We both look up as somebody walks up and I realize it's Morgz friend.

Every time I seen this girl after our meet at the mall she never speaks or gets real quiet when I'm around. I doubt her ass shy.

"Morgz upstairs?" She asks in a quiet voice sounding sad.

"Yeah. How you get here?" Mogul asks her.

"I walked."

"Don't be fuckin walking." Mogul said.