Chapter 4:

Q

"Where ya little friend?" I ask Morgz as she gets into my car. I had to pick her up from school today and I thought I was gonna be picking the both of them up.

"Who?" She asks looking over at me with a grin as she threw her bookbag in the back.

"Don't act dumb." I said.

"Oh your girllllll."

"Grow up Morgz." I said straight facing her.

"Nah, but she's at home since she's the sick one now." She finally answered.

"Just passed ya sickness to the next person, huh?"

"Shut up. Let's go get some food."

"That's all you do is eat."

"So." She said turning the radio on.

Nee

"Ewh ya germy ass, I told you not to be around Morgz while she was sick." Shawn she shooing me away before jogging upstairs

"Shut up." I said with my nose all stuffy sounding a complete mess.

"Did you take the medicine I gave you?" My mom asks me.

"Yeah."

"Okay, I gotta go to work. Are you gonna be okay until I get back?" She asks me.

"Yes I'll most likely sleep the rest of the day."

"Okay. Love you and call me if you need me." She said kissing my forehead.

"Okay, love you too." I said before she left.

Eventually my mom did stop drinking with the help of me and Shawn. He paid for her rehab and when she came back she realized their was no reason to stress and struggle anymore. She got a new job, one she actually enjoys. Even tho Shawn didn't want her to work anymore she choose to anyways. Thankfully things worked out the way they did because now I have my mom back.

"Yo I'm out lil sis. You know the drill while I'm gone." He said plucking my forehead.

"See ya." I said slapping his hand then grabbing a new box of tissue and going to my room to lay back down.

I was woke up by the doorbell ringing non stop annoying me.

"What the hell?" I mumbled getting up going downstairs.

I looked out the peephole surprised at who was there.

"What?" I ask opening the door. "Shawn's not here."

"Damn, had a nigga ringing the fuckin doorbell for five minutes and who said I came here for Shawn?" Q asks.

"What do you want Q?" I ask leaning my head against the door.

"I can't just come see what's up with your sick ass?"

"What do you want?" I ask once again. I usually would be hype to see him, but I felt and looked like shit right now.

"I brought you something." He says holding up a bag.

"Why?" I ask. He just ignores me and walks pass me going into the kitchen.

"Well just come right on in." I said before shutting the door.

"So what did you bring?" I ask sitting on the counter.

"Chicken soup, tea, honey, and vick rub." He said pulling it all out the bag. "All the shit my mom would buy to take care of me when I would get sick. I ain't no cook tho so I can't make homemade soup like she does."