Chapter 13:

Q

I sped all the way to the hospital to get to Nee. I feel like shit for not being able to be there with her during a time like this.

Once I finally reached the floor I was told Nee was on I continued my way to her room. As I neared her room I saw somebody else going inside of her room.

I drew my eyebrows together.

"What the fuck is this nigga doing here?" I snap once I walk in and see it was that lil nigga she use to so called date.

He looked at me then back to Nee and I seen he was putting her phone down next to her.

"I just came to drop ya phone off. Sorry for what you had to go through, get well." He said before walking off.

"The fuck he doing here?" I ask again. "And why the fuck did he have your phone?"

"He's the one that brought me here." She said.

"Why the fuck were you with him?"

"Are you fuckin serious Quentin? Right now! Right fuckin now you are gonna do this?"

"Nah, you right. I apologize baby." I said going over sitting in the chair next to her hospital bed then bending down to kiss her.

"Can you lay in the bed with me?" She asks.

"Uh, nah. I don't wanna hurt you or anything."

"You won't. Please."

I sighed going to the other side and gently climbing into the bed with her she wasted no time cuddling up against my chest. I lifted her chin kissing her lips softly.

"I really wish I could have been here for you. With you." I said placing my hand gently on her hip scared any little movement I made was going to cause her pain.

"You are now. That's all that matters." She said tracing the tattoos that covered my arm.

"We would have had a baby." I mumbled quietly.

"Yeah." She whispered.

"I wonder what it would hav-"

"No, don't do that." She said cutting me off in a quiet voice as tears built in her eyes.

"Shit, baby." I said wiping under both her eyes then kissing her cheeks.

"I just don't wanna talk about it yet."

I nodded.

"So when do you get to go home?" I ask after we sat in silence for awhile.

"They ran more test and if everything comes back clear I can go home today."

"You coming home with me?" I ask.

"Yeah." She answers.

It was just starting to get dark outside by time Nee got released from the hospital.

Nee would be bent over whenever she stood so I knew she was still in lots of pain and it was hurting me to know she has to go through something like this. I really wish I could take the pain from her.

"Wanna stop and get anything?" I ask her.

"No. Oh wait, yeah I need more pads and just some water."

I nodded. "Want anything to eat?"

"No. Maybe get something light for later tho." She said laying with her head against the window.

I sighed saying, "Okay."