Chapter 4

Virgil's P.O.V

    "Of course I'm right. I'm a prince. I'm always right," Roman says, obviously joking. I can't help but laugh. He's funny. I like his sense of humor. I see him smile. I wonder why he's smiling this time but don't ask. 

"What will you do while I'm busy tomorrow?" he asks. 

"Hmm," I hum before saying, "I'll probably practice with my magic or help my father. It's the reason he brought me on this trip after all." He nods. 

"I'm not sure if you know but why did my father call your father here anyways?" he asks. I take a moment to think. If he doesn't know then maybe his father doesn't want him to. King Richard probably doesn't want to get his son's hopes up. We may not be able to help her after all. 

"I'm not sure if I'm able to tell you," I tell him. 

"That's fine. My father will tell me when he wants me to know," he responds with a shrug. I really hope we can help her. I'd hate to see him lose his mother.

"It's getting late. I should turn in. Goodnight Prince Roman," I say after a moment of peaceful silence. 

"Right. Thank you for talking to me Prince Virgil," he says and walks over to climb on the balcony. 

"You can just call me Virgil. If you want to," I say as he starts to climb up. He stops and looks back at me. 

"Alright. Only if you just call me Roman," he says. I nod and he smiles brightly. 

"Goodnight Virgil," he says and climbs up. I head into the guest chambers. I would've let him leave through my chambers but it wouldn't be appropriate for him to leave my chambers so late at night. If caught, rumors could spread and potentially cause trouble. I walk over to the bed and get dressed in the night clothes I had laid out. Then I climb into bed and soon fall into peaceful dreams.

The next day I wake up at daybreak. I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling. Memories of my dream flash through my mind. It was about Roman. It was an innocent dream. We were sitting by a lake talking about things. Then he reached for my hand and I woke up. 

"Stupid. You barely know him and you're already having dreams about him," I scold myself. I sigh and climb out of bed. I get dressed for the day and straighten up my chambers. With that done I sit at the table with the spellbook I brought. Soon there's a knock on my door. 

"Your Highness?" A somewhat familiar voice calls. 

"Come in," I call back. The door opens and in walks Patton.

"Good morning Your Highness. I've brought you breakfast," he says. 

"Thank you," I say as I close my book. He sets the tray in front of me. 

"Is there anything else you'd like?" he asks. 

"Would you let my fathers servant, Edwin know that he should tell my father that I'll be here for most of the day?" I ask. 

"I can do that. Are you studying?" he responds. 

"Yes," I tell him. 

"Well if you get a bit stuffy in here I'd be happy to show you to the gardens again," he says. 

"That's right. You all showed me the garden yesterday. Is it alright for me to be there?" I ask. 

"Of course. The gardens are open to guests. Would you like to go there after you finish eating?" he asks in return. 

"Yes. Tell Edwin that I'll be there then," I say. 

"Alright. I'll return shortly," he says and leaves. I set the spellbook aside and eat my breakfast.