Chapter One

Sleepover This Weekend?

"Y/n! Get up or you're going to be late!" My dad yelled very loudly from downstairs. "Jesus," I groan, rolling quickly out of bed.

"Did mom not come home last night?" I ask my dad. "Nope. She said she had to "work late" last night and wouldn't make it home in time. Just more of her bullshit lies," He says as he flips the bacon. "Why are you still married to her again? I mean you guys fell out of love a long time ago. Its okay to let her go dad," I say patting his shoulder. I go over to the fridge for a glass of orange juice. "Trust me, I've tried. She just changes the subject every time I bring up her behavior or a divorce." I nod my head. "Make her listen. Put your foot down," I say in hopes of comforting him.

He looks over at me smiling, "You better go get dressed. Breakfast will be done in a little," He says before placing a kiss on my forehead. I smile and nod before rushing upstairs. I pull out a pair of jeans and a sweater before stripping out of my pajamas. "I'm leaving now! Have a great day Y/n! I left the white car for you in the garage!" He yells from down the stairs. I yelled a quick 'okay' before continuing to brush my teeth.

My phone chimes before a call comes through. "Y/n? Where are you? I need you to pick me up this morning," My friend, Jenn, voice rings through the phone. "I'm eating breakfast right now. I'm leaving in about 7 minutes. Be ready, it takes you ten years to come out," I say taking a bite of a piece of bacon. "Not true! I'll be waiting outside for you. Hurry!" Jenn says before the line goes dead. I finish the rest of my food before heading out.

"Took you long enough," Jenn says as she gets into the car. "I'm right on time actually," I say pointing to the time. Jenn just rolls her eyes as I laugh. The drive to school wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Traffic was light and the vibe was just right. "Who do you have first block?" Jenn asks as we grab our things out the back seat. "I have chemistry first." Jenn opened her mouth to respond, but not before our names were called. "Oh look, it's Dillian!" She says as Dillian comes rushing towards the car. "Good morning Dill. Your makeup looks good today," I say to Dillian. "Thank you Y/n! You look...normal"

It was my turn to roll my eyes as Dill and Jenn erupted into laughter. "You're the worst," I say as we start our walk up to the front of the school. "What are you guys doing this weekend?" He asks. "Nothing." Jenn and I say in unison. "Good! We should have a sleepover this weekend like we used to do! It'll be so fun!! Please!" Dillian says, nearly begging. "Okay okay fine. We can have one at my place this weekend." They both squeal as we all enter the building. "I'll see you guys at lunch," I say as we part ways.

"Good morning everyone! Hope you've all had a goods night rest," My chemistry teacher, Ms. Ameria said. She was always so joyful and excited. Chemistry went by quickly and smoothly for the most part.

***
"The queen has arrived!" Dillian says. Jenn laughs as Alix claps and cheer. "Alix stop you're embarrassing me!" I say taking a seat beside Jenn. "I could do a lot more than that," Alix says taking a bite of her chicken tender. "No that's enough please." I take out my lunch as the laughter dies down. "So, about the sleepover," I say. "Glad you brought it up! I made a list of things for us to do." Dillian pulls out a piece of paper titled, Sleepover Guide 101. "Sleepover Guide 101? We're not 7th graders anymore you know that right?" Dillian rolls his eyes at my comment. "Yes but I wanted to make it like it used to be. We haven't seen each other in a century." He says with a slight pout. "I agree with Dill on that one." Alix says. "Me too." Jenn says raising her hand. "Hide and seek? I like that one," I say scanning over the list of activities.

"Me too. That's why I put it." Dill says. "I'll read the rest of this later. What time should we all meet up at mine?" They all shrug. "Well we could all drive to my place Friday, well tomorrow, after school?" I suggest. "Yes!" Alix almost shouts. "Calm down Al. I like the idea of that too," Jenn says. "Alright, since that's settled let's talk about your little crush Jenn," I say wiggling my eyebrows in her direction. Jenn covers her face with her hands in embarrassment. "Next topic please," She peeps out.

***
"Dad!" I shout as I walk through the door. "He's at work!" My mom shouts back. My face twist in surprise and confusion. "You're back?!" I say walking toward her. I pinch her cheeks to make sure I'm not hallucinating. She swats my hand away. "Yes I'm here! Will you stop that!" I pull my hands back. "Where were you all night?" I ask while grabbing a snack. "Work," She responds back simply. "Work? All night/morning?" I ask skeptical. "Yes now stop asking so many questions." I roll my eyes. "Well can Dillian, Jenn, and Alix come over tomorrow?" My mom face lights up.

"You guys are having another sleepover?! I've missed them so much! Of course they can come over!" She squeals. "You're more excited than me," I say giggling at her childlike behavior. "I'm gonna go clean upstairs. Bye mom." She waves me off as I rush up the stairs.

Y/n: Good news guys, my mom said the sleepover is okay. Just need to get dad on board.

Alix: Packing my bag now

Jenn: Same^

Dillian: Buying the snacks rn

I shut off my phone before springing out of bed to get a head start on cleaning. "Y/n?! Are you home yet?" My dad asks turning the corner. "Yeah. Hey dad, I have a question," I ask. "Shoot," He says leaning against my door frame. "Can Dillian, Alix, and Jenn come over tomorrow after school. Mom said it was fine," I say bitting my lip. I have no idea why I was so nervous, he always says yes. "Yeah, no problem. Is that all?" I nod my head before he turns on his heels.

A/N
Bit of a slow start but trust me..