Chapter 7

My little family.

"I think we need to get you a pregnancy test hm?" Diane says while braiding my hair back. I was brushing my teeth after throwing up, I hated the feeling it left in my mouth. I nod my head, not being able to say much since I was brushing my teeth. "Get ready when you're done so we can run into town to grab some things." She says patting my shoulders before leaving the bathroom. I hated the idea of giving birth. Having a child! A real live human I had to take care of, not some barbie doll from the dollar store. But it was my life now and I had to learn to accept it.

We drove almost an hour into town to get the test and other things. Diane made me stay in the car out of fear of someone recognizing me while she went into stores. She made quick trips in and out of the store which I was very thankful for. I saw flyers of myself posted around on street lights and doors of local businesses. Diane came out of the grocery store with bags of food. She made sure to park in the very back. It made me feel like a prisoner of some sort. Like I was her responsibility or child that she had to keep hidden. Though, in a way I was.

I took the test while Diane made us lunch. After I peed on the test, I flipped it over on the sink before going out to tell Diane. "I really hope it's positive baby." She says kissing me. "Me too." I say kissing her back. The idea of a mini Diane didn't sound bad, but giving birth was horrid to me. Was I ever gonna see my family again? What would my parents think if they found out I was pregnant? Would they to excited to be grandparents? Probably not under these circumstances. "Let's go check it." She says grabbing my hand and leading us towards the bathroom. Diane goes to flip it but I stop her. "I'm scared. I don't think I'm ready for this. A child?! I can barely even care for myself!" I say crying.

Diane bring me into a hug. "It'll be fine I'm right her with you. I wouldn't ever leave you two alone." She say in attempt to comfort me. I wipe my eyes before pulling myself out of her embrace. "You're right." Diane smiles and wipe my face with her thumbs. She reaches for the test before flipping it over.

My heart drops as Diane's face light up in excitement. "We're gonna have a baby!" She says squealing. I smile genuinely before going in for a hug. It was gonna happen anyways, might as well make the best of it. Diane kisses me before lifting me and spreading kisses everywhere. She gives me one final kiss on the lips, which I return with all of my love. As much as I'd hate to admit, she was growing on me and I was starting to love her and the tiny thing growing inside of me.