Chapter 4

It felt like hours until Diane came back. When she did return, she had a tray with food in her hands. The amazing smell made my mouth water like no other. "I brought you grilled cheese and tomato soup." She said as she approached her the bed. "Thank you. It smells delicious. It was always my favorite meal at home." I say. She smiles at my obliviousness. My hands were still tied, so I asked her to untie them. "I'm gonna feed you. You don't need your hands baby, mommy's got it." Butterflies erupted in my stomach, too blinded by her beauty to notice how crazy she was. She fed me little by little like I was her baby. "Why did you take me? I would've keep your secret I swear." I ask after I've finished my food. "I don't trust a word you're saying. A teenage girl who sees someone hiding a body and keeping it a secret?" She says shaking her head slowly. "But I swear I'll keep it just trust me! Please let me go Diane." I cry.

Anger bubbles in her eyes. "Why do you want to leave so bad? This is what's best for you Y/n why can't you just see that!" She says standing from the bed. "It's not! I want to go home and be with my family and my friends! You can't keep me here forever you fucking psycho!" I shout in her face. The food drops to floor as her hand rises to strike me. I hated I couldn't defend myself. My face stung from the pain. "Don't you ever talk to me like that again! You'll be down here until you can learn to appreciate me and the things I've done for you." She says storming out of the basement.

I scream after her, begging her to come back to me. I apologize as much as I can before the door slams shut. I soak my pillow in tears. Both from Diane and the rawness from my wrist. She was crazy but I wanted her to do things to me. Things I don't even think are possible. She was beginning to be engraved into my mind.