Chapter Three

Dianes House

Jenns Pov:
"Where could she be! I knew this was a bad idea Dillian, I fucking knew it!" I yell. Y/n was nowhere to be found and it was almost dawn. "What are we going to do! We can't just leave her here!" Alix speaks up. "I don't know. We've looked everywhere. We need more people to help us look," Dillian utters. "We need to call the police." I didn't want to call the cops but we had no other option. "Let's go back home first. We need to tell her parents first.

The drive back was filled with sadness and silence. No one dared to speak a word. How could we lose our friend in a cornfield? Millions of things could be happening to her right now. It was approaching 5:00am as we walked into the house. "There you guys are! We were looking all over for you. Where's Y/n?" Y/n's dad asks noticing how the group was one short. "Alix? Jennifer? Dillian? Where Y/n?" He tries again.

"We could find her," Dillian mumbles out with his head down. Tears fill my eyes as they roll down my face like raindrops on a window. "You couldn't find her? Where were you guys?!" I look up at the Alix and Dillian. "We were in a cornfield playing hide and seek." I say as no one else wanted to speak up. "Jesus.." He says slumping onto the couch. "One of you call the police please," He says as his leg bounces and eyes close from frustration.

Y/Ns POV:

My head was pounding as I woke up. The air smelt stale and like a hospital almost. I tried to move my hands, but to no success as they were tied up. My memory was foggy, I had no idea how I got here or where I am. "Mom?! Dad?!" I scream out to whoever. I tug on the chains but they don't move. "Help! Help me please!" I scream as tears start form.

A door opens and a familiar face comes into view. The lady from the cornfield. Diane! I panic as I curl into a ball. "Why so scared? I'm only here to help you Y/n." I shake my head. "You're a crazy fucking bitch." I spit at her. Her face fills with anger before her hand raises and strikes against my cheek.     

"You will not talk to me that way!" She yells pointing into my face. Tears fall freely down my face. Both from being in pain and being so scared of Diane. She was so beautiful but so fucking crazy.

"Diane please let go! I promise i won't tell anyone  what I saw," I plead. Her face softens before hardening again. She sits parallel to me on the bed, her hand cupping my face. I jerk my face out of her hand. Anger bubbled in her eyes before she slapped me again. "You'll learn to stop being so fucking difficult!" She says. Spit coming out of her mouth and onto my face. Her spit sat on my face since my hands were bound.

"Please Diane, I just wanna go home," I say while tears run down my face. I wanted to cry a river, scream and cry until I couldn't anymore but I couldn't give her the satisfaction of seeing me weak. "Don't try to suck it up now, cry like you really want to. It's okay to let it out baby." She says softly. It was almost like a switch flipped.

It was hard keeping up my cold front. She made me feel comfortable no matter how much I hated it. I leaned into her touch as she hugged me. "It's okay baby, I've got you, mommy's got you." She says raking her hand through my hair. My tears soaking her tan sweater. I was too deep into my own thoughts to recognize her calling herself 'mommy'.

"I'm gonna go start making dinner." I nod my head as she detaches herself from me. "C-can you please untie me please? O-or at least my hands. I promise I won't try anything." I plead. Diane thinks for a moment before walking towards me. "Be a good girl. I'm trusting you," She says as she takes the cuffs off my hands. "Thank you Diane," I say as I rub my raw wrists. She nods before leaving out again. I missed being in her arms and I only met her hours ago.