Chapter 8

What's In The Room?

It's been two months since I've been pregnant. Diane's been overprotective a lot lately and won't even let me do basic things. "Come on babe, I can tie my own shoe." I tell Diane as she ties up my shoes for our morning run. We've started going on runs around her neighborhood. Well I wouldn't call it neighborhood since it's only 2 other houses around. "It's fine, plus I love doing stuff for you." She says giving me a kiss. I kiss her back before we both leave the house. While passing by a house, I see decor outside for a graduation party. Seeing it makes me think about how I was supposed to graduate in a few days. Don't get me wrong, I've grown to love my new life.

But I'll never be able to walk across the stage, become a high school graduate. I felt as if it was wrong to love my new life, most people would look down on our age gap, or even how we became a thing. An 18 year old and a 35 year old in a relationship? Definitely not ideal. But what can I say, I've always loved older women. I grew tired the more I ran. Being pregnant was definitely taking a toll on me and my body. "Diane...I think we should stop." I say panting trying to catch my breath.

Diane stops and jogs over to me. "Are you okay?" She asks catching her breath. "Yeah just..tired." I say standing up straight. "Okay let's walk back home." She says grabbing my hand. I wrap my arm around her waist bringing her closer to me while my other hand rested on my small bundle of joy.

"What do you say we work on the nursery?" Diane asks as we approach the house. "That's sounds fun. I wanna eat something first though." I say flopping onto the couch. "I'll get you a snack." she says going into the kitchen. I take off my shoes and socks before lying down on the couch. "Here you go baby." She says giving me chips and a cup of juice. I eat while Diane rubs my feet, something she's started to do a lot. We both drown in the cartoons playing on the tv for hours.

***
"Can you pass the drill?" I ask. We were finally working on the nursery together after we got tired of cartoons. The walls were painted a pretty pink color since we were almost 100 percent sure it was a baby girl. We haven't picked out a name yet but we've had a few top names, so we waited on hanging up 'her' name. "Yeah." She says passing the drill. I finish hanging up the three shelves and filling them with decor. Mini plants were very evident in the nursery. Diane and I are absolutely obsessed with plants right now, so of course we had to put them in our daughters room.

Diane built half of the crib before giving up from frustration. "Why is this so damn hard?" She says putting her head in her hands. "It's ok baby, you got this. Just take it slow." I say kissing her forehead. She looks up at me before taking my lips into hers. "I love you baby." She says hugging me tight. "I-I love you too Diane." I return. I have no idea why I stumbled over my words, I did love her right?

"How about we work more on the nursery another time hm?" I ask stroking her hair. "Yeah," she says exhaling, "let's go make dinner." She says standing. I follow out of the room before feeling the need to pee. "I'm gonna go use the bathroom, I'll meet you downstairs." I say going into the bathroom. Diane just nods heading down the stairs.

I take care of my business, drying my hands before I see a lock on one of the doors across from the bathroom. Now that I think about it, I've never been in or even paid attention to that room. I approach the door slowly and quietly. The lock needed a key to opened so I just tried hitting on it as hard as I could, but no matter what I did, it wouldn't budge. I'll just have to find the key when Diane is away. What could be behind that door so bad that she locked it from me? I hurried downstairs before Diane knew something was up. I just needed her out of the house for at least 10 minutes, but how?

A/N
Ouu I wonder what's behind the door??? Hopefully it won't cause and problems right??! 🤭