Book 1 : Chapter 3

Korra

I jumped up into the air from happiness after I knocked out the opposing team in the semifinals.

I waved at the audience with a wide smile on my face.

Afterwards, I walked back to the locker room where Mako and Bolin were waiting for me.

"That was pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen!" Bolin exclaimed.

"Thanks for not giving up on us. We never would've made it this far without you. I owe you big time," Mako said.

"You're welcome. So . . . I know things are confusing right now, but I hope we can still be friends," I said, feeling nervous.

"Definitely," Mako replied, making me smile.

The door to the room suddenly opened and Tahno along with his teammates stepped inside.

"You boys smell something in here? Wait, I know what that is. Yeah, that's the scent of losers," He said, holding his knows.

"I hope we see you in the finals. Then we'll see who the losers really are," I said, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, I'm peeing my pants over here," Tahno said before walking onto the ring with his teammates.

"And now, the defending champs, the White Falls Wolf Bats!" The commentator shouted.

I clenched my fists in anger before turning back around.

I then spotted Asami and Aiya walk inside and Asami flung herself into Mako's arms.

"Great job, guys! What a comeback, Korra," She said, looking at me.

"I hate to agree, but you played really well. I've never seen a hat trick like that," Aiya told me.

I blinked twice. Did she just give me a back-handed compliment? Eh, atleast it was a compliment.

"Thanks, but if it hadn't been for you and your father, we wouldn't have had the chance to play. So thank you," I told her.

It was her turn to be surprised and she simply stared at me.

"Uh, no problem," She replied.

"If everyone's done with the little thank you party, need some medical attention over here," Bolin said.

"Ooh, let me help." I walked over to him and touched his shoulder to feel the damage.

He let out a scream.

"Haven't you hurt me enough, woman?!" He yelled.

"Relax, I'm a healer. I learned from Katara, the best there is," I told him.

He resisted as I bent some water around his arm before finally calming down.

"That's the stuff," He said.

"Bolin, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I didn't meant to let things get so out of hand."

"I'll be alright. But we had fun together, didn't we?" Bolin asked.

"I had a great time, honestly. You are one of a kind, Bolin," I said as I finished healing him.

"Please, go on. I enjoy praise," Bolin said, making me roll my eyes.

"And your winners are the Wolf Bats!" We heard the commentator announce.

We all turned to look at the ring.

"What? How is it over already?" I questioned, running over to the balcony.

"They play dirty," I heard Aiya say. I turned to look at her.