Book 1 : Chapter 5

Korra

I ran to the dock with the airbender kids when I saw the boat with Bolin, Aiya, Mako and Asami in it arriving.

"Welcome to Air Temple Island! Your new home," Ikki said, waving at the three of them.

"Yes, welcome to my domain," Meelo said.

"Well aren't you sweet, little monk child," Bolin said, bending down to look at Meelo.

Oh, how quickly he will figure out how wrong he is.

"What's that fuzzy creature?" Meelo asked as Pabu ran up to Naga.

"That is a fire ferret. An arboreal mammal common to the bamboo forests of the Central Earth Kingdom," Jinora said.

"Well, aren't you smart. I like you already," Aiya said, smiling at Jinora.

Jinora turned to look at her.

"Are you the firebender girl that drives Korra insane?" She asked and my eyes widened.

I kicked Jinora's leg to get her to shut up. Aiya looked at me with a raised eyebrow before turning back to Jinora.

"I suppose?"

"Thanks for sending the air acolytes to help us with the move," Mako said, changing the topic.

"Yes, they've been amazing. Such tireless workers," Asami told me as the air acolytes carried atleast ten suitcases off the boat.

"Oh, I thought you were only bringing a few things," I said.

"Trust me, it could've been worse," Mako told me.

"No problem. Everyone here wants you guys to feel welcome," I said.

"You're pretty. Can I have some of your hair?" Meelo asked Asami as we walked up to the air temple.

"Looks like I have some competition," Mako said.

"And now for the grand tour! The flying bisons sleep in those caves down there. And that's the temple grandpa Aang built. And that's the greenhouse where we grow the vegetables we eat," Ikki said, pointing in various directions.

"I have a couple of questions. Is this an all vegetarian island? Is that where you train airbending? Do we have to wear air acolyte clothes? Do we each get our own sky bison? And how many trees are there on this island?" Bolin asked.

"Yes, yes, no, no, ten thousand five hundred and fifty two," Ikki answered.

We blinked at her in surprise.

"So where are we gonna be staying?" Mako asked.

"You're a boy. Boys have to stay on the boys' side," Meelo replied.

"I'd be happy to show you to the men's dormitory," Jinora said.

Bolin and Mako followed her and I looked over at Meelo.

"Meelo, why don't you go with the boys too?" I asked him.

He looked at Asami.

"We shall meet again soon, beautiful woman."

"Ikki and I will take you both to your rooms," I told them.

We walked through the women's side of the temple and Ikki began to talk.

"Asami, did you know Korra likes Mako?" Ikki asked Asami.

My mouth dropped open and if looks could kill, Ikki would be on the ground dead.

"Oh, uh, no, I wasn't completely aware of that," Asami said.

I grabbed Asami and Aiya's arms and dragged them into Asami's new room.