Book 1 : Chapter 4

◇ Korra ◇

I left Naga outside the arena as I ran inside of Bolin and Mako's room on the top floor.

I walked up the stairs and into their room.

"Guys, great news. You don't have to go back on the streets. I talked to Tenzin and made all the arrangements. You can come live on Air Temple Island with me," I told the two brothers.

"Oh. Well, we'd love to, but-" Mako began. Bolin cut him off by jumping up from his seat.

"Asami and Aiya already invited us to live in their dad's giant mansion!" Bolin exclaimed.

My smile faded away at his words.

"From here on out, it's gonna be the lap of luxury for us," Bolin said.

"Oh, hey, Korra," I heard Asami's voice behind me.

My body turned rigid as I turned around to see her and Aiya cleaning up the upstairs part of the room.

"I was hoping you'd stop by," Asami said.

"I was just leaving. So, I guess I'll see you guys around . . . sometime," I said, turning to leave.

"Why not tomorrow? I'd love to have you come visit the estate," Asami said.

"I don't know. I have some . . . Avatar stuff to do," I replied, making up an excuse.

"See, Asami, I told you she would say no. She's too busy saving the world," I heard Aiya say, her tone sarcastic.

I looked at her and then back at Asami.

"Actually, I'm sure I can take a break from 'saving the world', I'll come by tomorrow," I told Asami.

"Great, see you tomorrow." She smiled at me.

I looked at Aiya who's expression was one of annoyance. I smirked to myself.

I guess she'll have to endure my presence all day tomorrow.

♤ ♧ ♤ ♧

◇ Aiya ◇

The next day, Mako and I practiced a bit of firebending.

"Wow, you're a quick learner. It took me weeks to master that move," Mako told me as I created a ring of fire around us.

"Thanks," I said, smiling at him.

"So, that's enough practice for today, right? Because I want to go swimming already!" Bolin pouted.

Mako turned to me and I nodded.

"Sure, we can go. I just have to go put on a bathing suit," I told them.

I went to my room and picked out a simple burgundy two piece that left a part of my stomach uncovered.

I walked back to the pool and saw Bolin jump in.

"Earthbending bomb!" He shouted.

I dived into the pool from and swam up to the surface. I then spotted our butler standing with Korra next to him.

"Avatar Korra has arrived," He announced.

"Hey, Korra," Mako called out to her.

"Glad you made it," Asami said, smiling at her.

"Welcome to paradise," Bolin said, floating in the water.

"Looks like you guys settled right in," Korra commented.

"Pretty much. Except Asami and Aiya forgot to ask their father if we could stay here," Mako said, looking at us.

"Yeah, but I smoothed it over with him. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission," Asami said, swimming over to me.