Part 9

About a few hours later, there was a sound while it sounded like someone was calling Sonic's name, the voice sounded very familiar, he opened his eyes to see someone in front of his eyes was still slightly blurry, Sonic slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes.
He realized it was Darklead, sitting there waiting for Sonic to wake up 4 hours ago, he sat there spinning his gem silently.
"I have to say... you also have what is considered a major hedgehog that I have been in possession of, what a blessing it is. Bet you have a good nap there."

"I'm back here again? What happened to me?"  Sonic asked.

"You passed out after getting that crystal from the robot with an electric shock. Luckily for you, you were not injured badly."  Darklead replied.

"Oh. Hey uh... Darklead, may I ask? The crystal that I got back there, and those robots were controlled also because of it either. Would you mind tell me about it?"  Sonic asked.

Darklead grabbed the crystal when he stopped spinning it and reply to him is: " Well, the crystals like these are a category containing negative energy. They can control anything such as robots, and that includes Mobius of yours. As you can see, an average mobian, with one touch is enough to hunt survivors; infecting others can be a difficult task for you to save 'em, many accidents. More disaster."

Sonic was a bit surprise to hear that and then ask once more, "yikes, and what does it had to do anything with this?" 

Darklead turned right in front of Sonic.
  "You know that old Eggman is always greedy for victory, ready for a new journey after wished to defeat you. However, that can be part of the great calamity for all people if you lose the fight."
He continued:
"You'll might be involved in this as well, so be caution; otherwise, the consequences is yours. Await. Now wake up, there are 49 more pieces need to collect." 

 Darklead toss the crystal to Sonic and disappeared into the smoke, Sonic remained silent while not knowing what to do next.

Sonic woke up in reality. He sat up and looked around. There's no one around but in the different house. He stepped out of the bedroom and figured he was inside Rouge's house. The house has a lot of luxury items. Sonic wondered how he was brought to Rouge's house, OMEGA appeared right behind Sonic. He jumped up in startle. OMEGA begin scanning Sonic to check his condition. He gets a little nervous but to stay calm, OMEGA done scanning and tell Sonic that his condition level is in the good state, invite Sonic to have breakfast before leave.

Sonic curious with his attitude has changed, he would like to join but he refuses to use breakfast right now and so he decided to leave his goodbye before he takes his leave the house.

Meanwhile, Sonic steps out her house and see Shadow is training alone at the big yard, he come to say good morning to him.

Shadow pauses his training. They ask each other how things going, Shadow ask about how Sonic's condition after gets that shocking electric. (#8)

Sonic felt fine just now and ready to go back on his mission. Unfortunately, Sonic wondering don't know if he can do it alone after collect 49 gems out there. Worrying if he'll probably fail or could be late(?)

Shadow snapped fingers in front of Sonic to knock his thought and telling if he's okay.
"You alright there?"

Sonic rubbing his head with his nervous laughs and tell him that he's definitely okay, just having a hard time needs to get rid of it so he can have peace just like before. Things are getting a little tricky; moreover, Sonic is even sweating pretty much as he still anxious, he pulls his watch out and check what time then he took his leave after their greetings. Shadow seems to have a little bit doubt about he's trying to hide something.

 Somewhere else, a stranger wandering around in the deep jungle to search for food but then he found some shiny thing laid on the ground. They step near to it and don't know why it's here then pick it up; the gem shocks the stranger's finger does not allow to touch it.
They have to find something to hold it without cause anything harm. Use the big leaf and grab the puny gem to pick up perfectly fine; the gem seems to have nothing to react with the stranger.
They wrap the gem in leaf then put it in his pocket, continue his journey.

Later, the stranger heard the weird sound coming from the bushes, they started have a little weird sense that something is coming out from those bushes, it could be.... some wild animals? They take few steps back a little scared. Such a creepy creature like a monster step out of the bushes and look straight at the stranger, sniffing something came out from his pocket, started drooling and then begin to chase him to get it.
A stranger scream in fear and chicken out to escape. Yelling out loud to call for assistance. The monster keeps chasing after him as fast as it could.

In a moment, a stranger slip and fall to the ground whilst the monster about to attacks him. A stranger shout out in terrified though they'll going to die soon. 

Not long, there's a tree throw at the monster's face just in time, a stranger surprised and see that person picked him up and run away as fast as possible. The monster shook head to knock the ache and follow them not to lose a sight.
A stranger yell in frighten, they jump through the big tree trunk block their way then the person put a stranger down; they draw their weapon out willingly 'til the monster arrived. They killed the monster with 1 slice, cut through the monster body in half. 

Leaving the monster unconscious, the monster slowly turns into dust instant. A gem drops by. The unknow person picked it up normally fine and put it away. Such a strong man who could kill that creature with 1 move. A stranger filled up relieved that he is survived. The unknown person come close to a stranger, they look at the guy who just saved their life and said "w-who are you?"  They spoke still in frightening. The person comes out of the shadow. 

In a blink of an eye, a stranger's eyes are open wide surprisingly that recognize it was Darklead. A hero of all time in the last 5 years ago; somehow, he died unknow reason why. A stranger thought he was dead for a long time ago. They couldn't believe their eyes what they saw in front of them.

Darklead tell a stranger hand over a gem they holding in their hand immediately. It's only for their own good not to carry it around alone. There're many strange hunger creatures wandering around places to searching for the gem to feed themselves fulfill their appetites, including getting stronger. They could kill each everybody in their way. 

A stranger seems not to trust him but since he just saved their life, so they hand over the gem out of their pocket and give it to Darklead properly. He takes the gem then leave. 

Back in present, Darklead open eyes up in disappointment while he maybe now looks like in this Sonic's form. He wanted things to be perfect, a better life like he used to live but everything has changed. A spirit as good-for-nothing, likes to do violent things. It happens so many disasters incident because of his. 

But, this Sonic the hedgehog is something more... intrigued, something that he cannot imagine how much wonderful Sonic is. Also, he's known as a Hero of Mobians just for the fun of it. 
Sonic has so much better life than his own, Darklead couldn't think furthermore but need to focus on now. Watch over him and see what he can be capable of. 

CONTINUE: ⬇️