Chapter 3 - Behave

Jimin

"We have chosen the ten Armies to meet you next week. I think you will like our selection," a staff member explained to the group.

I looked around the room and everyone was nodding with mutual expressions. Well, everyone except Taehyung, who was literally starting to bounce in his seat with a big boxy grin on his face.

"Shh baby, I know you're excited. But try to save some of that energy for next week. Can't have you tuckering yourself out already," I whispered, tapping him under the chin with a finger.

He nodded and leaned his head on my shoulder, "I know. I just really love Army though."

"I know you do. But you still love me too, right?" I asked with a cute pout.

"Of course I do Jiminie. I love you the most. You know that," Taehyung assured, tightly linking his arm in mine.

"Can we see their video submissions?" Yoongi asked. "I want to know what sort of people you chose."

Although Yoongi doesn't necessarily seem overly interested in a lot of things, I know deep down he does care. He just doesn't want the others to tease him if he gets emotional about it. Plus, he's the most protective out of all of us. Always keeping an eye out for everyone and stepping in if need be.

"Well, we wanted to keep the interactions simple. But I can assure you that we have done thorough background checks on everyone and they will have a pat down prior to seeing any of the members. Was that your concern Yoongi-ssi?"

He gave a few quick nods and leaned back into the sofa, seemingly pleased with the security measures set in place.

"But I wanna see what they look like," Taehyung whined.

I softly slapped his arm and raised my eyebrows, "Baby, don't be rude. Our Hyungs are speaking."

"Sorry."

I don't like scolding Taehyung but sometimes he forgets his place, especially when it comes to Jin or Yoongi.

"It's okay. Just let them speak and maybe we can ask for some photos later. Alright?"

His sullen expression suddenly picked up and he smiled brightly with eyes wide like a little puppy dog.

Why is he so cute?

"Now, make sure you're all on your best behaviour. Especially you two. I know what you're like," Namjoon warned with a twinkle in his eyes.

He tries to be this big, tough leader, but I know he has a soft spot for us Maknaes.

"Yeah, you two mischief makers are always getting in trouble," Jin cooed, grabbing our cheeks between his forefinger and thumb, and shaking them.

We both gave our oldest Hyung a cheeky smile and left the room shortly after.

"Sooo, why you do wanna know what they look like Taehyungie?" Hoseok asked, walking up behind us and draping his arms around our shoulders.

Taehyung looked a bit startled but quickly recovered. "I just want to see what they're like. You know, it would be cool if one of them was a guy," he said casually.

Hmm. I don't know if I like the sound of that.

I tried to make eye contact with Taehyung but he wasn't paying attention.

The thing about Taehyung is he is like a child. Both in his mannerisms and personality. But not all the time. He has duality.

Hoseok didn't seem to notice the growing tension. He just chuckled and walked off talking over his shoulder, "You're funny Taehyung-ah. You do realise how many Army are girls right?" Then he disappeared into the dorms.

As soon as he was gone, I turned and stood in front of Taehyung. "Care to explain yourself?"

"What? I don't know what you mean. I just thought it'd be fun to talk with another dude."

Never in the history of Taehyung, have I ever heard him use the word dude. Bro occasionally, but never dude.

He's hiding something.

"Do I not please you anymore baby? Do you want to find someone else? Is that it?" I asked, feeling a little sad at the prospect.

Maybe he's getting bored of me.

Taehyung immediately shook his head, grabbing onto my shoulders. "No! No. I just want to make some new friends, and girls always assume I'm single and free to flirt with. Maybe with a guy, we can have an actual conversation."

Stupid insecurities. He's not interested in meeting someone else romantically. He just wants to have a friendly conversation.

"Okay baby. I'm sorry I got upset. I didn't mean it. I just...I love you so much, and I don't know what I'd do if you found someone else."

"Never. We're soulmates. You and me forever, remember?" Taehyung whispered, before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

I hope so.