Chapter 16 - Snap

Taehyung

I watched from the corner of my eye as Jimin moved closer to him.

And that's when I cracked.

I excused myself from the girl in front of me, and turned, placing my hand on Jimin's shoulder.

"We need to swap," I said, trying to keep calm. Although, I just wanted to raise my voice.

Jimin suddenly jerked back in his seat and his eyes widened, along with the fanboy's.

"Oh! Yes. Jwesonghamnida," he uttered nervously, whilst subtly fanning the edge of his shirt.

I felt my hand clench under the table and I narrowed my eyes, before glancing toward the helpless fan sitting across from him.

"Sit," I ordered, directing him to move over.

He nodded quickly and scooted in front of me.

"I did not wish to offend," he whispered, bowing his head.

I clicked my tongue and side-eyed Jimin, mouthing 'You're in trouble'.

Jimin cleared his throat and looked away.

Then I turned back to the fan and tapped my finger on the table; abruptly gaining his attention. "What's your name?"

He raised his eyes slowly and shamefully. "Jeon Jungkook."

I hummed and drummed my fingers on the table; staring intently at him.

"Do you know what upsets me?" I questioned, studying his nervous expression.

He shook his head.

"People...thinking they can take what is mine."

"What?" Jungkook gasped, looking at Jimin. "He's yours? Like...actually yours?"

I felt annoyed by his ignorance. "Of course he is. Does that shock you?"

Jimin kicked me under the table but I ignored him.

"Oh. Ani, ani. I just...I'm shocked that you told me," he replied in disbelief.

I scoffed, "Well, he is. So..."

Jungkook just stared between the two of us with his mouth hanging open like a goldfish.

"...I suggest you find someone else to crush on."

"Taehyung-ah, don't be rude," Jimin hissed beside me.

"What! What are you going to do about it?!" I snarled, turning to him. "You're the one flirting with him in front of me!"

Jungkook grabbed my hand and I yanked it away; only partially looking in his direction. "Don't touch me! I don't care how attractive you are. Jimin is mine. Not yours!"

Jungkook's lower lip quivered and I felt a slight twinge of guilt.

"Jwesonghamnida," he whimpered. "This is not how I wanted to make my impression. I wanted you to like me...like...like I like you."

Then he placed a small USB on the table and stood up. "It was nice to meet you. I do hope you like my gift."

And I watched in silence as he rushed out of the room.

As soon as he was out of sight, Jimin stood to his feet and yelled, "What the fuck Taehyung-ah?!"

I growled and stood as well. "Exactly! What the fuck Jimin-ah! I saw you! You were going to kiss him. You were going to kiss him, right in front of me! How the fuck do you think that makes me feel?! I only had a dream Jimin. But you! You have no problem with flaunting yourself in front of me with other men!"