Chapter 24 - Rude

Jimin

I woke to the feeling of someone shaking me.

"Hyung?" A voice called out.

Hyung? No one calls me Hyung.

I snapped my eyes open, and the figure that was sitting beside me suddenly jerked backward and fell off the bed.

"Ow. Jwe-song-ham-nida," a male's voice groaned from below me.

I leaned over the edge and found the fanboy I had seen last night rubbing his bottom.

"Yah! Why are you in my room?" I asked, cautiously eyeing him up and down.

The guy stood abruptly, causing me to jump back against the wall and raise my fists.

"Ani, ani, don't get the wrong idea. Jin Hyung said I could bring you some food. I was worried you hadn't eaten in a while," he quickly explained.

I lowered my hands when I noticed the tray of food on my bedside table.

"Tteokbokki?" I asked, eyeing the tasty meal.

"Mm. V-ssi made it. But after he left, it sat in the kitchen getting cold. So I thought, I'd bring it to you."

"TaeTae made this for me?" I asked unbelievably; glancing at the meal again.

"Yes. Jin Hyung said he wanted to surprise you...but I guess, I ruined that. Jwesonghamnida," the male said with a remorseful bow.

I clicked my tongue and sat on the edge of the bed looking at him. "Ani. You didn't ruin anything. Taehyung-ah just gets a little...overprotective. If it wasn't for you, last night I could have been in a much worse position. So, kamsahamnida."

The boy blushed and nodded; looking down at his feet.

Why does he always do that?

"Why do you always avoid my eye contact? Do I make you feel uncomfortable?" I asked, trying not to sound disappointed.

"Oh, jwesonghamnida. I don't mean to. You just make me nervous," he said in a timid voice.

"Why?"

He took a sharp breath in and closed his eyes; frowning. "Ah, because...you're attractive and...I don't know how to look at you without feeling the need to...ah, kiss you."

I gasped. He can't be serious.

"Kiss me? Lik-"

"Like I think about it every time I see you."

I stayed silent. My mind thrown into overdrive.

How did this happen? Did I do this? Did I persuade him somehow? This isn't normal, is it? To want to kiss someone you just met?

I sat there pondering over his words but failed to notice the fanboy now watching me.

"But I understand you are with V-ssi, so I know it's only ever going to be a fantasy. I would never try to come between the two of you."

I glanced up at him and he had an honest expression on his face.

"I don't know what to say. I didn't expect this," I said truthfully.

"It's okay. You don't have to say anything. I'm sure it's just an innocent crush."

The way he said it with such nonchalance, made me restless for some reason.

Why do I feel this way? Am I disappointed?

"Anyway, I brought you the Tteokbokki, but I think it's gone cold again. Do you want something else? I could cook it for you?"

I furrowed my brows at the cold dish and guilt came over me.

What am I doing having this type of conversation with a stranger? I'm already in a committed relationship.

"Ani. I should eat Tae's meal," I said bluntly.

My sudden change in tone seemed to upset the man in front of me. But only momentarily, as he quickly covered his sadness with a smile.

Although, his eyes didn't seem to shine the same as they did before.

"I understand. I should go," he said in a whispered voice.

The look on his face was grave now.

Shit. I didn't mean to be so rude.

I went to apologise but he bowed his head and continued, "I hope you feel better soon. It was nice meeting you again."

Then he turned and silently walked out of the room.

I stared at the doorway and listened to the sound of his retreating steps, and for some reason, I felt the urge to run after him.

But I didn't.