Chapter 18 - Apology

Jimin

It had been almost a week since the fan meet, and Taehyung still hadn't forgiven me.

He had given me the hug, as a way to blanket over the past trauma that had risen to the surface, but now, he chose to avoid me.

I looked down at the small USB in my hand and sighed.

Why did I do it? Was he really worth destroying our happiness over?

I twirled the hard plastic between my fingers and glanced at the computer.

He didn't give it to you. He gave it to Taehyung.

I chewed on my bottom lip while I contemplated my options.

I should give it back to him. Or maybe, I could just throw it away.

I slowly exhaled and jiggled my leg.

It's none of your business, Jimin. You should just give it back to him.

I nodded to myself and stood up. Yes. Give it back to him.

I strode towards the door and made my way down the hallway to his room. But when I approached it, I suddenly felt reluctant.

What if he hates me more for bringing it up? What if it's just a cruel reminder of what I did?

I went to turn away but Hoseok opened the door and stepped out.

"Oh, hey Jimin-ah. Are you going to talk to Taehyungie?" He asked, looking at me hopefully.

I smiled tensely. "Ahh, well I was thinking about it."

"Look, I don't know what happened between the two of you but I'm glad you're making an effort to mend things. He needs you."

"To be honest, I think it's me that needs him. I should never have betrayed his trust."

Hoseok smiled softly. "Just show him how much you love him and I'm sure he will forgive you."

I stretched my lips into a line and nodded, then I walked past him and grasped the door handle. "Wish me luck."

Hoseok placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it. "You don't need luck Minie. I know he loves you."

I inhaled deeply and turned the knob, then I pushed the door open and peeked my head around the corner.

"TaeTae? Can I come in?"

I saw him laying on his bed, flicking aimlessly through his phone, and somehow he still managed to look effortlessly beautiful.

He glanced in my direction and instead of smiling like he used to, he frowned.

Completely crushing me.

I can't do this.

I diverted my eyes from him and felt water well up on my lash line.

Keep it together.

"Will you stop standing there and come in already."

I blinked back the tears and stepped forward; making my way over to him.

He partially sat up and put his phone down without making eye contact with me.

"What do you want Jimin-ah?"

His tone was bored.

And at that moment I felt like giving up. But I knew deep down that I deserved it, so I persevered.

"Well, I just wanted to...ah, give this back to you," I said, reluctantly placing the small piece of plastic next to his hand.

Taehyung looked down and quickly moved away from it.

"Why would you give this to me?! Do you think after everything, that I would care what that guy wanted to show me?! He betrayed me. You betrayed me!"

There was fire in his eyes now and it scared me.

"Please, he didn't do anything. It was me," I stressed. "I was the one who touched him. I was the one who leaned in. He didn't initiate anything."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! You met him once and now you're all about him?!" Taehyung exploded in anger.

I cowered at his harsh tone and felt the first few tears slip past my lashes.

"Seriously? You're crying again? Well, you know what?! I cried too! I cried every day for the last week! I thought out of everyone on this planet, you were my soulmate, my one...but I guess that was all a lie!"

I tried to reach out and take his hands, but he slapped mine away.

"You don't get to touch me!"

His words sliced straight through my heart and I winced in pain; grasping at my chest.

"P-Please... I-"

"Ani! You don't get to make me feel guilty! I'm the one that's been hurt by your actions! After everything that happened to you, I thought you would avoid cheaters. But guess what? You turned into one! Now, take that shitty little USB and shove it down your own throat, because I'm done! You made your choice."

He got up and stormed over to the door, and yanked it open. "Leave!"

I just sat there. My heart literally ripping in two.

Done? I-

"Leave!"

I took a shuddering breath and stood. "Jwesong-hamnida."

"Sorry doesn't mean shit when your actions don't reflect it."

I stared at him silently and trembled.

"I don't know what was going through your mind Jimin-ah, but it obviously wasn't me. So, right now I need you to leave," he said opening the door wider.

My chin quivered and I looked at the ground. "Okay."

I walked towards him and he turned his body away; not sparing me a single glance.

Then he slammed the door shut and I felt the weight of the world drop on my shoulders.

I'm sorry!