Chapter 29 - Stay Over

Jungkook

As I closed the door, I let the smile on my face widen; allowing it to fully take over my features.

I can't believe it. I told them and they didn't push me away!

In a moment of silent celebration, I started shuffling on the spot and giving the air a few successive punches, before covering my excitement with an awkward cough in case someone saw me. Then I straightened my shirt and made my way calmly through the dorm to the front entrance.

"Jungkook-ah?"

Jin.

I stopped a few steps from the main door and turned; smiling politely. "Annyonghaseyo, Hyung."

"What are you still doing here? I thought you left earlier?" He asked with a confused expression.

"I did. But V-ssi invited me over again."

"Oh, really? And what did you two get up to?" He asked with raised brows.

Shit.

I didn't want the others to think I was some sort of homewrecker, so I omitted the whole part of me kissing him, and Jimin having a complete mental breakdown.

"Ah, we just hung out and t-talked. I think he and Jimin Hyung made up too," I said feigning innocence.

He mustn't have suspected a thing because instead of drilling me, he smiled and sent a light shove to my shoulder. "I told you Taehyung-ah would warm up to you."

That's one way of putting it.

"You were right. Anyway, I best get going. I still haven't caught up on any sleep yet," I explained with a chuckle. "Oh, and we're still doing dinner tomorrow night?"

Jin clapped his hands and looked at me with excitement. "Of course! And since you made up with Taehyungie, I'll make something extra special to celebrate!"

"Sounds good Hyung. I'll see you tomorrow then," I said, opening the door and disappearing down the corridor.

~

After collapsing on my bed and falling into a deep sleep for more than 10 hours, I woke to the sound of my phone dinging.

No. Just a little longer.

But whoever was texting me was not giving up without a fight.

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Aggh! Okay! Okay! I'm awake dammit!

I cracked one eye open and searched blindly for my phone, while the sound of more incoming messages flooded my senses.

My God! Will you calm down? I'm looking!

I finally located the device on the far side of my bed and brought it close to my face; blinding myself in the process.

As my eyes slowly adjusted, I found myself looking at a screen full of messages.

🐻: Hello 👋

🐻: Hi!

🐻: Jungkook-ssi, are you there?

🐻: I guess not

🐻: Wait! Are you asleep?

🐻: Jwesonghamnida...😬

🐻: Quick question though. Would like to stay over after dinner? Jiminie and I are having a movie night