Chapter 4: Candy and Beatboxing

Song: 8 Mile by: Eminem》

"So where are we going now." I ask hugging my jacket tighter on my body. It's October and the winter has already started here in Detroit.

We were just walking down the streets.

"How about we go check out the park it's empty today since its a school day." He suggests. I nod in agreement.

There is a calming silence between us.

"I never got your name." I look up at him. The way he looked down at me just made goosebumps run down my arm.

"Marshall. But you can call me Eminem." He smiles cheekily.

"Eminem? Why the nickname?" I ask. It sounds cool. Like the candy. I just wonder why he chose that.

"I'm an aspiring rapper, and Eminem is my stage name." He says.

Rapper. He actually kind of gave off that vibe just by the way he talks.

"Yours?" He asks.

"Natasia but you could call me Tassy."

He nods.

"Can you freestyle? I wanna hear you rap!" I giggle and give him a shove making him stumble a little.

I'm not really a rapper but I can freestyle a little.

"Alright, alright." He tries to calm me down.
I made an attempt to beat box, it wasn't the best but I did it anyway.

Boom puh csh, boom boom puh csh, boom puh csh I repeated. Pretty basic, I know.

He nodded his head and when he was ready he started rapping.

I ain't gonna lie, he's a lot better than I thought he would be, and his metaphors and punchlines were hilarious. He has a certain rapping style that I've never heard before.

"That was fucking amazing." I say. "I didn't know you could rap like that. What are you doing to get noticed?"

We walk through the park gates and straight to the swing set.

"I battle at The Shelter to help gain some respect cause, you know, nobody really believes in a white rapper, and I love doing it." He says while pushing himself on the swing.

"That's good. I really hope you make it." I stared at the side of his face.  I didn't mean to look like a creep but his side profile is literally goals.

"Yo, how old are you?" He asks out of no where.

"It's rude to ask someone for their age you know." I scowl playfully.

"Would you tell me if I tell you mine?" He asks with a pleading look. I nod.

"Sure."

"22." He says quickly.

"16." I lie hiding the smile on my face.

His face was mixed with shock and disbelief. His mouth formed a perfect o.

"You fuckin' serious?" he asks laughing a little.

"No! But you should've seen your face it looked like you shit your pants." I couldn't contain my laughter.

We were both in hysterics, gripping the chains on the swing set so we wouldn't fall off.

"Yo that ain't funny dawg, jail ain't the place to be." He laughs anyway.

After I control myself I tell him the truth.

"I'm 18."

"I'm four years older than you." He realizes and shakes his head,"Jesus, I feel old as hell." he gives a genuine smile.

"So we came here to find out more about each other right? Let's play 20 questions." I suggest.

"A'ight. Me first." He calls, "Are you racist?"

"No if I was, I wouldn't be talking to you, right?" I scoff, "what type of girls do you like?" I ask shyly.

He shrugs,"I don't really have a type. If I see a girl I like, that has a good personality, that's it." I know he already said he liked the way I look. I push myself causing me to go higher.

He copies me and we continue, "Have you ever went to jail?" He asks.

"Uh, I got arrested once and it wasn't for anything huge, me and my friends got caught doing graffiti on an abandoned store." He just chuckled.

"You?" I ask.

"Yeah. I was the driver in a drive by shooting." He shrugs nonchalantly.

It was my turn for shock.

"What?!" I screech putting my feet on the ground to stop myself from swinging and I nearly fell off and face planted.

"You should've seen your face!" he laughs stopping his self from swinging. "I was just kidding."

Oh so he thinks that was funny? I thought I was talking to a criminal for a second there. I was actually thinking about running away, but he was the driver in a drive by shooting. He could have pulled a gun out from no where and shoot me.

I step off of the swing and shove him, hard. He was still laughing so when I shoved his chest he began choking and fell off backwards and onto his back, his feet still on the swing.

"Damn girl you push like a man." He groans.

"You're an asshole that shit wasn't funny." I say crossing my arms and pouting. He got up and brushed the grass off him.

"I'm sorry. But I was telling the truth it was a drive by shooting with paintballs." He laughs.

"Oh. That's stupid, but what ever." I say kind of embarrassed.

"Hah, you're embarrassed." He teases poking my cheek. I roll my eyes at him and he chuckles, "you're cute."

"Hey, you wanna come to The Shelter to see me tonight? It's gonna be fun." He drags the word fun.

I quirk an eyebrow. "I don't know. I don't like you that much."

He grabs a handful of his shirt and gasps. "That fuckin hurt. It felt like you shoved me again." he exaggerates.

I roll my eyes.

"But seriously please. I'd like it if you came." he pouts his bottom lip and I slowly smile at his cuteness.

"Alright but if I get jumped I'm gonna beat your ass." I point a finger at him with a serious face.

"A'ight. From that shove earlier I could tell you could kick ass." he grumbles not meant for me to hear but I heard it anyway.

"I'm hungry." I say rubbing my stomach hearing a loud grumble.

"Ooh. I want some tacos!" he suggests gripping my arm in excitement.

"That shit is so far from here." I groan lazily.

"We can make it." He drags me out of the park and to Taco Bell.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me. Thanks for reading ☺