Chapter 12: Trust

Song: Space bound by Eminem

Words can't even describe the pain that I'm feeling right now. Marshall lied to me, and I should have known better.

He has a pregnant ex so whats going to happen to us. I mean the best I can do right now is ignore him. He's going to cause too much drama with this crazy Kim chick.

I pick up my phone to make a call.

"Ri? Can you come over?" I say.

***

"What happened? You sounded like you were crying." She comes in straight for a hug. My sobs couldn't get any louder after that. 

I was hurt. Badly, and all I wanted to do was lay in bed and think about how stupid I am.

After I explained to her what happened she tried to comfort me and starts saying a bunch of stuff that I really don't want to hear.

"Maybe they weren't dating while you two were dating." She says,  wiping away a tear that drained down onto my wet cheeks.

"I know but he could have just told me. It's not like I would've killed him." I sniff.

"That's just men for ya. They do stupid things." I couldn't help but laugh at that.

"There's that smile." She coos like I'm a kid."Let's call Darren I'm sick of being down.

Laurie smiles and dials his number. 

"Your outfit looks hot." Darren compliments me.

"Thanks I know. I put it together."

I tug on the black crop top. We're at a club that's promoting some new artist who's name I didn't care to get. The only person on my mind was Marshall and how I over reacted. 

Or maybe under reacted. I still don't know. I should handle this like an adult and stop being an 18 year old for once. 

"Where's Riri?" I ask Darren.

"Over there." he points to the bar. I already knew that she was wasted.

She was throwing herself all over the bartender the poor girl didn't even know what to do. 

"Thanks." I tell Darren and start stepping to pry Laurie away.

"Hey Laurie," I say to her like she's a wild animal ready to attack, "it's time to go home."

I get her purse from the stool she was sitting on and I take her keys out.

"You are-hiccup- really pretty." she slurs at the bartender who had long black hair.

"I'm so sorry." I say quickly and I drag Laurie to the outside. A hand smacks my arm so hard that I wanted to cry.

"Where are you taking me?" she asks.

"Home." I say trying to hold in my anger. I rub my arm that started to turn red.

"Just get in the fucking car." she hops in and I take us to her house.  

I clean her up and put her in bed. She fell asleep before I could've said "Goodnight."

I decide to walk home, which was a bad idea considering the fact that it was 2:00 am. I didn't want to stay here anyway so I did the walk.

It was so dark that I could barely see but the flickering lamp posts helped me a little. Detroit is real scary at night. You don't know what'll happen to you.

A crack head might be hiding behind a building or something ready to rob you or maybe even rape.

Always gotta stay alerted. The wind blows into the holes in my ripped jeans. I'm half naked right now in October breeze. This sucks.