Chapter 13: Surprise!

Laurie's look

Song: My Fault by Eminem》

I woke up to a sleeping Marshall, snoring loudly. A yawn escapes from my mouth and I rub my eyes. I have work today. This sucks!

At least I didn't drink last night.

I lift my head off of Marshall's lap and that's when he wakes up.

"Hey." he rubs his eyes.

"Hey." I reach over to my phone and check the time.

11:47.

Shit.

I'm so fucked right now. I'm supposed to be at work by 12:00.

A notification pops up on my phone.

Reminder:
Laurie's Birthday tomorrow

Double shit. Fuck my life right now. I jump up and literally run to my bathroom like a mad woman. Forgetting Marshall was here.

I quickly showered and brushed my teeth at the same time. I wrap my hair in a bun and dash into my room to put on my uniform.

After getting my headphones I nearly ran by a blonde haired white boy before he grabs my arm.

"What the hell? You can't just leave like that. Where you off to?"

"Work." I say it like he was supposed to know.

I sigh and wrap my arm around his waist.

"I'm late and still extremely tired." I say, "and by the way, I need you to help me out with something after work."

"I have work today too. I got me a different job at a restaurant. Supposed to be there at two though."

"No! But I'll need you, ugh! I gotta go, we'll talk!" I say. He follows me outside and I lock the door.

A car horn sounds and Bizarre was staring at us. He was in a grey slightly beat down car.

"Yo Biz. Let's give Tassy a ride, she's late." Marshall drags me into the car before Bizarre even responds.

He does it anyway.

"We're going to that Starbucks you always at?" He asks looking at Marshall in the mirror.

"Yeah."

"Thanks Bizarre!" I wave after getting out of the car.

"No goodbye kiss, damn not even a goodbye?" Marshall jokes.

I placed a kiss on his cheek and ran inside. I know that wasn't what he wanted but I enjoy teasing him.

I quickly grab an apron and head behind the counter where Alicia was looking overwhelmed. I opened my cashier and she throws me a exhausted smile.

At least she isn't pissed I made her do all this.

After work I don't call Laurie like usual but I head straight home.

Tomorrow is my best friend's birthday and I want to throw her a surprise birthday party.

While I was at work today I called the owner of a club that I used to hang out at, and asked if I could have her party there he agreed but I have to get him entertainment for a month.

I already have someone in mind for him and they can try out tonight by being our entertainment.

I have to get the club ready for tomorrow night. So I'm heading out to buy some cheesy decorations and to get other things sorted out.