Epilogue: Fresh Start?

I'm tangled in Laurie's embrace as I ball my eyes out onto her shoulder. My head is pounding and I'm probably getting snot all over her.

"Shh." She coos in an attempt to calm her distraught best friend who feels like absolute shit.

I haven't told her what I'm crying about exactly but she met me sobbing on my living room floor so she automatically came over to comfort me.

I'll admit, I don't want to talk to her about what happened because it's embarassing. How can I tell her that I cheated on Marshall, and expect sympathy just because I got beat up in the end?

Now that I think about it I should just forget about ever telling her, or anyone. I need to reset my life, you know, get a fresh start.

A few days had passed and Marshall found out, of course, and we broke up. Kim showed him the tape and everything. He knew about how she had set me up too, but it didn't matter. He wanted to be with her to raise his child anyway.

As of right now, two months later? I'm packing my bags to move in with my mother. Yes, in another state. I'm gonna take a few college classes over there too. I want to get a career and forget about working at Starbucks.

It's been good here in Detroit. I grew up here and had some ups and downs, but that's life. You just gotta know when to get up and brush yourself off, and learn to not make the same mistakes twice.

As my dad always said, "making a mistake once is human, but making the same mistake again makes you an idiot."

Which is why I can't allow myself to make the same mistake. I loved Marshall, not gonna lie, but not as much as I loved myself. I hope that they can be the best parents to their child and that Kim would change her shitty ass ways.

Laurie is still with her girlfriend Jacie. They seem to be doing fine and I wish them the best as well. I'll still keep in touch with her but probably not as much.

She's been taking lessons about tattooing and it seems like that's the direction she's heading in and I wish her all the best.

I guess that's the end of my story, and how I let my foolish pride get the best of me.

It's over! 😭 Finally! It feels as though I've been writing this all of my life. 😂 Anyway, I love everyone that voted and commented on this book and if you've been here from the time I started to the end......you're a real OG! ✊

Peace!

Wait! Check out my new book Ebony Princess, you might like it...but I'll warn you...it might be hella kinky 😂😂😂