| Like A Family - Steve Harrington |

Warnings: Drunk Y/N
(lmk if there's anything I missed.)
Word count: 2.4k

***

I was at the party that I was begged to go to by my friends. I had a five-year-old son, Danny, and it was hard to get out of the house because my world revolves around him. His birth dad skipped town when he found out I was pregnant. My mom said it was a bad idea and that she wouldn't help, but when she calmed down she told me that she would continue to let me live at home.

The only reason why Danny and I didn't end up on the street was because of Steve Harrington. He was the only one that was there for me. He w Ty as there at Danny's birth, all of his doctor's appointments, his first steps, first words, and his first haircut, he was there for everything. He always offered to babysit and never accepted any money that I tried to pay him. He helped me move out of my mom's house and into my new house, which he helped me figure out how to get a loan for.  He was honestly like a nanny. He would get me groceries, clean the house, do the laundry, and sometimes he would even make dinner. He was amazing and loved Danny so much.

Danny loved Steve too and I adored their relationship. They were best friends. They always loved to wrestle with each other and then fall asleep, cuddled up on the couch, with the TV on. Which they also did with the dog that Steve brought home randomly two years ago. She was a stray that was outside of his job in the cold rain. I told him she had to be out of the house by the end of the week but Danny and Steve had grown to be so attached to her. I gave in and we named her Lana. She had one blue eye and one brown eye. She was the prettiest dog. I even found myself getting attached to her. She was simply the best.

A couple of hours and a few drinks passed by and I was ready to go home. However, I couldn't find my friends. So, I called the only person who I knew would be up at two am.

"Hey, Robin. Can you please come pick me up?" I mumbled into the pay phone.

After Robin was done laughing at me, she said she would be here soon. And as promised, Robin was by to pick me up about five minutes later. When we got to my house, she walked me to the door to make sure I was okay before she left.

I went to my room and changed into a t-shirt and shorts. I looked around for Steve but couldn't find him. Finally, I went to Danny's room and found him asleep beside Danny in his bed with Lana at their feet. I quietly crept into the room and stood beside the bed, smiling at how sweet they were. After a moment, I moved my son's hair away from his forehead to kiss him, stroked Lana's back, and turned away to leave. Until I heard a groan, then I turned back to the bed. I got closer and saw that Steve was awake.

"I think it was a bit unfair that you only gave Danny a good night kiss." He whispered.

"Do you really think that?" I whispered back.

"I sure do,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure."

I shrugged and kissed him on the forehead.

"Happy?" I asked.

"Yes, very," He replied. "So, how was your night?"

"It was alright, I lost my friends so I had to call Robin to pick me up," I answered.