| Rose - Steve Harrington¹⁴ |

Warnings: Weed

Word count: 1.6k

***
Part 14

It was about 2 months later and Hawkins was gradually returning to its former glory. Besides the gaping hole in the ground and the fact that the upside was seeping into our world. No one had come to a conclusion about what it was, just that there was a large earthquake that caused it.

Steve and I were stronger than ever. Even after being together fairly often. After his parents moved, he practically moved in with us, which was perfectly fine with Fiona and Jesse, they were happy to help.

Steve had told me to meet him in the living room tonight for our date. So I got dressed up and ready before following his instructions.

I walked into the living room and saw Steve all dressed up in his suit with his hair more styled than usual. Just when I thought I couldn't have been more attracted to him, when he saw me, his face lit up with the sweetest smile.

"Wow. You look...Wow." He said.

"Okay, but that hair," I said, biting my lip.

     " What? Do you not like it?" He asked.

"Oh, no, I love it,"

"Good. Well, we should go now, don't want to be late,"

So we went to the restaurant and ordered our food once we got seated. We eventually got our food and began eating. Steve couldn't stop looking at me the entire time.

"What?" I asked, laughing slightly.

"I love you," He said, grinning at me.

"I love you. Why are you being so sweet?" He shrugged in response and went back to eating.

After dinner, we drove back to my house and walked around the neighborhood for a bit before we reached a pond. It was beautiful, between the sun setting on the water, the fountain in the middle, and my beautiful boyfriend, of course. He still couldn't keep his eyes off me. So when I caught him staring for the millionth time that night, I stopped and turned to him.

"Okay, cut the shit, why the hell do you keep looking at me? It's starting to freak me out,"

"Just enjoying the view," I rolled my eyes at his words.

"Your gross. Please just tell me. Is it my hair?" I said, reaching up to fix my hair.

"No, your hair is fine. I mean your hair is beautiful. I like the curls, it really shapes your face. Your face is beautiful too, which makes it better. Not that your beauty is the only thing that matters, cause it's not, I love all of you, your face, your hair, your personality, just everything," He rambled, making me smile.

"Steve," He sighed.

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous," I furrowed my brows.

"Why? Did I do something?" I panicked.

"No, of course not,"

"What is it then?" I asked.

"Just follow me,"