| Rose - Steve Harrington¹³ |

Warnings: none?

Word count: 2.1k

***
Part 13

It was later in the night. Everyone was either at home or at the hospital with Max. Steve had just dropped off Robin, leaving him and me alone in his car. The radio was playing at a low volume, mostly just talking about the 'earthquake'

"Steve?" I said and he hummed, glancing at me, in response. "Can I stay with you tonight?" He looked over at me when the car stopped at a red light. "Just after these past few days I really don't want to be alone."

"Yeah, of course. I think that might actually, ease my mind a little," He replied.

"What d'you mean?" I asked.

"I guess just knowing that you're safe,"
I couldn't help but smile at his words.

Just a moment later, 'You're My Best Friend' by Queen came on the radio. Our song. I smiled and Steve did too when I looked over at him.

We got to his house and I took a hot shower. Steve found some clothes that I left at his house a while ago, so I put on grey shorts and a tight, pink tank top. Afterward, I went downstairs to find Steve sitting on the kitchen counter. A piece of wet hair was draped over his forehead as he drummed the granite lightly with his fingers. He had on grey sweatpants and a yellow crewneck sweater. I walked into Steve's sight and he smiled at me.

"Hey, you!" He said, sliding off of the countertop as I walked closer.

"Hey," I replied, quietly, stopping in front of him.

"What's the matter, Ro?" He asked, sweetly.

I stared up into his eyes. His beautiful brown eyes. And the little golden specks that tucked between the various shades of brown. The way he looked at me with them. Even after being broken up. Steve had shown me true, unconditional love. And I threw that away.

"I'm so sorry, Steve," I whispered.

"Sorry for what, Rosie?" He asked, rubbing his hands up and down my arms.

"That I left you. Especially after you tried to get Freddy and me back with Fiona and Jesse." I answered with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Rose,"

"I just... I really fucked up, Steve. I'm so sorry. I love you so much more than I thought was humanly possible. I thought that I was helping you but I was just hurting you and I don't ever want to hurt you. I'm just so fucking sorry."

Instead of replying, Steve wrapped his arms around me and let me sob into his chest.

"I want a life with you, I want to be your wife, I want to have your kids." I said, looking up at him.

"All six?" He said, making me laugh as I nodded.

He leaned down and melted his lips into mine. My hands brushed up his shirt and clutched onto it. His hands roamed from my waist down to my thighs. I wrapped my arms around his neck so he could pick me up and set me on the kitchen island. I ran my hands through his wet hair while he gradually kissed down my neck, making me quietly moan.