| Surprise - Steve Harrington |

Warnings: none

Word Count: 855

Y/S/N = your sister's name

***

Y/N is in her living room with her 5 year old sister, watching tv on the couch. Her mom was going out with some friends so she left her with Y/N at the house. She was terribly bored when she heard the phone start ringing.

"Hello?" She answered the phone.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Hi, Steve."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just bored. I'm babysitting my sister."

"Actually, I have to go. Bye." He hangs up.

Y/N pulls the phone away from her face, very confused. She shrugs it off and walks back to sit with her sister. She sits with her sister for about 15 minutes before there's a knock at the door. She gets up and opens it, smiling at the sight of her boyfriend.

"Steve... you did not." She says slowly, seeing the bag of food in his hand.

"Oh, but I did." He replies, smiling as she lets him in. "I didn't know what she would want to I got a few options." He says, setting the bag on the table.

"You're the best boyfriend ever." She says giving him a light peck on the lips.

"I wasn't gonna let you stay here bored."

"Exactly why you're the best." She smiles at him before turning to her sister on the couch. "Y/S/N, Steve got you some food." Her sister jumps off the couch and runs to the table. "What do you say to Steve?"

"Thank you." Y/S/N says quietly.

"You're very welcome." Steve replies at the same volume.

They sit at the table and eat and Y/S/N doesn't say one word. She had met Steve before so it confused the couple as to why she was being so shy. They cleaned up the tables and moved to the couch to watch a movie. It's about 8 pm and it was time to put Y/S/N to bed.

"Okay, bedtime. Let's go." Y/N says standing up from the couch and she shakes her head. "Y/S/N, you have to go to bed. Cmon."

"No." Y/N sighs.

"What if I tuck you in instead?" Steve asks.

"Okay." Y/S/N stands up and grabs Steve's hand.

Steve gives Y/N a smirk as he follows the small girl and she rolls her with with a smile. She cleans up the living room while Steve puts Y/S/N to bed. She walks to the bedroom and sees Steve kissing Y/S/N's forehead then walking out, shutting the door behind him. He turns around and sees Y/N staring at him.

"What?" He asks, walking over to her.

"You're just so cute." He laughs softly then, kissing her on the forehead, holding her face still with his hands. "C'mon, I have a surprise for you." She says, pulling him by his hand and he follows with suspicion.

"It's a good surprise right?" He asks.

"Yes, I couldn't be mean to you after today." She pulls him out to the backyard and reveals a basketball hoop she had got after he told her about when he played basketball in high school.

"Oh, Y/N." He says with a laugh. "You're gonna get your ass kicked, I hope you know that."

"Ugh, you have no faith in me." She says acting offended with her hand on her chest.

"I'm only joking. Thank you, baby." He pulls her into his chest and kisses her head. "But, seriously I am going to kick your ass." He whispers to her.

"Cocky, Harrington?" She pushes him away.

"Think you can beat me, Y/L/N?" He picks up the basketball and passes it to her.

"Maybe I can. Maybe I'm the best basketball player ever."

"Go on then. Show me you're the best."  She dribbles the ball and shoots but misses causing Steve to laugh.

"Shut up, you try." She fails to hide her laughter as she passes the ball to him and he throws it into the hoop. "That was all luck." She insists and he laughs.

"Come here, I'll teach you." He motions for her to walk over to him and she does. She picks up the ball before she steps in front of him, facing the hoop and he places his hands on her waist to position her. "Plant your feet." So she does. "Now just aim for that square, jump a little and shoot. Simple." Y/N does as he said and gets the ball in the hoop.

"Holy shit! I did it!" She jumps into Steve's arms excitement and he laughs.

"My girl's a basketball player!" He picks her up and spins her around, planting a kiss on her lips when he sets her down.

"Told you I'm the best."

"I'm so sorry I ever doubted you." She laughs and he kisses her once again.

"So, you are staying here tonight, right?" She asks.

"You got popcorn?" She smiles and drags him inside.

The rest of their night is spent curled up in bed with a movie, that they were not even kind of paying attention to, due to being distracted by each others lips.

***

(A/N ~ This one is old and I don't really like it but I hope y'all enjoyed it. I'm working on like three Joe Keery imagines right now, sorry they're taking so long. ANYWAY, y'all... we got to 1k read!🤭🍷 I love you all so very much, thanks for reading!😘🤙)