| Her - Joe Keery |

Warnings: Drinking

Word Count: 896

***

Joe's pov

I was at the local bar on a Friday night, exhausted from the week. I didn't drink very often, only when I was having a rough day or I was celebrating. However, today was kind of both. The third season of Stranger Things wrapped up this week, which was exciting but, that week had truly worn me out.

There I was, sitting at the bar, alone, barely sipping my drink, and then I saw her. Beautiful E/C eyes, and perfect H/C hair, but the best part was the way her lips curved into a sweet smile. Who was she?

I ignored my curiosity, as she appeared to have already been a few drinks in. I looked away making an effort to distract my mind with anything other than her, but nothing seemed to work.

I finally gave in and looked back over at her but this time she wasn't alone. There was a middle-aged-looking man leaning against the bar pretty close to her, uncomfortably close. At first, I let it go, not wanting to get into it if she had it handled. But I could tell, she was not physically able to get him to leave her alone. I finally snapped when he grabbed her wrist. I shot up from the barstool and rushed to them.

"Hey, sorry I took so long," I said, standing beside her.

"I'm sorry, who is this?" The man asked harshly.

"Oh, I'm her boyfriend," I answered. "Is there a problem?"

"Oh, no, I was just talking to them. But I'll be leaving now."

I watched the man walk away before sitting next to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay." She said, nodding. "Oh, uh, thank you. I honestly don't know what I would've done if you weren't here,"

"It's not a problem, I'm just glad you're safe," She smiled, softly.

"I'm Y/N," She said.

"I'm Joe," I replied.

"So, Joe, what brings you here?"

"Long week. What about you?"

She sighed. "Are you sure you want to ask that?"

"Yes, I'm sure. What's going on?" I asked.

"My mother is a narcissistic bitch who won't let me live my own goddamn life. She just has to keep reminding me how disappointed she is in me, all because I didn't go to college to be a brain surgeon or a lawyer. It's all such bullshit." She slurred her words.

"What do you want to do instead?"

"I don't want to have to decide right now. I just want to enjoy being young and hot while I still can." I chuckled at her answer.

"I don't know what your mom's problem is, that sounds like a great life."

"It is! Until my mom decides she wants to be a part of it." She slightly muttered the last part, taking a sip of her drink. "I just wish she would let me live my own life. She's been like this since I was a kid. I was never allowed to cut or dye my hair unless she said so, she picked out all my clothes up until I was able to get a job and buy them myself, and she controlled everything I ate. I'm an adult, this is my life and I'm gonna do whatever the fuck I want."
She looked over at me and paused for a moment. "I'm sorry, you were just being nice and I'm basically sharing my life story."

"Hey, I wasn't just being nice," I said.

"Then why haven't you left yet?"

"I want to know more about you,"

"Why?" She asked.

"I don't know, there's something about you." She smiled, looking down trying to hide the blush that formed on her cheeks, though it didn't work. "Alright, well, do you have a dad?"

"Oh God..." She said, leaning back, about to go on a rant.

For the next hour or so, I listened to her talk about her life. I couldn't get enough of the way her hands flew around, the way her eyebrows furrowed together when she was trying to recall something, and the way her lips moved as she spoke.

It was about 2 am when we both decided we should get home. I offered to drive her and she agreed, so she gave me her address, then we began our journey to her apartment. Once we got there I walked her to her door, since it was pitch black outside and she was still pretty drunk.

"Thank you, Joe. You saved my life and listened to me ramble for an hour, I owe you." Y/N said.

"I'm gonna hold you to that," I replied.

"Oh, good," She said with a soft laugh. "Hey, that might be a little hard to do without any way to contact me."

"I know where you live,"

"That sounds creepy, just give me your phone, and I'll give you my number."

I passed her my phone and she put her number in it before handing it back to me.

"Now if you want to meet sober Y/N, you can call me and we can hang out again. But next time, you have to tell me your life story. Okay?"

"Got it," I said, chuckling slightly.
"Good night, Y/N."

"Good night, Joe." She said, quietly before shutting the door when I began walking to my car.

***

(A/N ~ Not really sure how I feel about this one but oh well. Should I make a part 2?)