| Day Off - Joe Keery |

Warnings: none

Word count: 1.1k

***

The feeling of my boyfriend's warm, plump lips right behind my ear awoke me. Joe had his arms wrapped around my waist while my back was against his chest.

"Morning," I murmured, placing my arms on top of his and leaning my head back slightly to further expose my neck to him.

"Morning," He whispered, slowly making his way down my neck.

Joe and I met eight years ago when I was visiting my family in Chicago. By the end of day three of being with my family nonstop, I needed a break. So, I walked until I found a place that looked like they'd have some sort of alcoholic drink to chill me out. Joe was there performing with his band at the time. I didn't even end up getting a drink like I originally planned to, I was so interested in him. I didn't know what drove me toward him. Maybe it was the guitar.

I guess Joe had noticed me too since, once they finished the set, he stopped me and we talked for a while. By the end of the night, we had exchanged phone numbers. We were friends for a while until three years later when he finally asked me on a date. We had been together for five years and we were happier than ever.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter." He mumbled into my skin.

"It kind of does because I have work today," I said, reaching for my phone on my nightstand.

Joe groaned and tried to pull me back down but I already got my phone by the time he succeeded. I had to leave for work by 7 am, which is why I panicked when I saw that it was 10:30 am.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I exclaimed, trying to get out of bed until Joe pulled me back down once again. "Joe, I'm so late, I have to go!"

"No, you don't," He said.

"I love you, but I don't want to get fired."

"I love you too, but you don't have work today." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I called you off." He said.

"What? Why?"

"It's just- You've been basically working yourself to death," I sighed and he continued. "Even your boss agrees, you need a day off, Y/N."

Although, I was a bit bothered that Joe didn't ask me before he called me off work, he was right. I had been working five consecutive days, from dawn to dusk. I was tiring myself out and I did need a break, even just a day.

"I'm sorry I didn't ask you first, I just knew you were going to say no and I-" I cut Joe off by pressing my lips to his with my hands on the sides of his neck.

I felt him smile as he kissed me back, pulling me, by my waist, down into his chest. When his tongue glided across my bottom lip, I broke apart our lips, leaning my forehead against his.

"Thank you, Joe. And you're right, I would've said no, so I'm kind of glad you didn't ask." He laughed and softly pecked my lips. "So, what'd you plan for us?" I asked.

"What makes you think I have something planned?"

"Seriously? You called me off of work and you didn't plan some sort of date? Yeah, right." I scoffed, laughing slightly. "Just spill it, Keery."

"Okay, fine. You're right, I'm taking you to that one fancy Italian place, that you mentioned a few weeks ago." He responded.

"Joe, no, that place is way too expensive."

"Too late, I already made the reservation for tonight, and you are worth every cent."

I pouted my lips in awe of his thoughtfulness. "I love you,"

"I love you too," He replied before I connected our lips.

His lips moved hungrily against mine as his hands traveled down to my hips, gripping them slightly, which caused me to let out a soft gasp.

"What's up with you today?" I murmured into his lips.

"I want you so bad right now, baby." He whispered, not allowing his lips to leave mine.

"I'm yours," I whispered back.

(Oops, guess I didn't finish this part😗🍷)

Joe and I basically just hung out at home until dinner time, when I had to get ready for our date. So, I got all dressed up and ready before finding Joe in the living room. His face instantly lit up with the sweetest smile when he saw me.

"Wow," He breathed out.

"Why, thank you, kind sir," I said, twirling my dress a bit.

He laughed softly, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me once he got close enough.

"I love this dress on you," He said, leaning back slightly to look at my dress.

"I bet you'll like what's under it even more," I whispered with a small smile.

He looked down at his watch, muttering, "Damn it." when he saw there wasn't enough time, since the restaurant was a bit far away.

"Come on, we'll have plenty of time after dinner." I said, linking our arms together.

We went out to dinner and had an amazing time. Joe kept telling me how beautiful I looked and how much he loved me, he was being so sweet. Sweeter than usual, yeah, but why question it when I could just enjoy it?

After dinner, Joe took me to the beach. The beach was so calming and it really helped get my mind off of the bad stuff. Joe's arms around me at all times also helped a lot.

"Hey, I need to ask you something," Joe said, causing me to lift my head from his shoulder.

"Anything, my love," I responded.

"Will you marry me?"

I froze for a moment before beginning to nod, making a smile grow on his face.

"Are you serious?" I asked as tears formed in my eyes.

"I've never been more serious about anything in my life. I love you more than I ever thought was possible. I want you to be my wife, one day the mother of my kids, and I want to grow old with you. So, as I was saying," He reached into his pocket, pulled out a small box, and opened it to reveal the most beautiful ring. "Y/F/N, will you marry me?"

"Yes, of course, I'll marry you!" I exclaimed, practically tackling him when I threw my arms around his neck to kiss him. "I love you,"

"I love you, baby, so much." He replied, wrapping his arms snuggly around my waist.

When we broke apart, Joe took the ring out of the box and slid it onto my ring finger. I took a moment to admire it before looking back at him with a smile and tears that matched his. I tightened my arms around his neck to hug him once more.

"Best day off ever,"

***