Save Her

'This is going to be a great day.' Bellamy had thought to himself, smiling. He had woken up with Clarke curled up next to him, both still naked from the night before. Once he got outside, his smile faded as he watched as Clarke pulled Octavia out of the smoke-house, which was now on fire.

"What the hell happened?!" He asked, running over to his sister.

"This idiot!" Murphy exclaimed, pushing a kid. "We told you it was too much wood!"

Bellamy and Miller pulled Murphy and the other kid apart.

"Hey! Stop it!" Bellamy demanded. "Save it for the grounders."

"What the hell are we gonna do? That was all the food!" Octavia exclaimed as Clarke helped her to her feet.

"We have to hunt," Clarke suggested.

"With a whole grounder army out there?" Bellamy asked, crossing his arms.

"We can't defend ourselves if we're starving, Bell," Clarke replied.

"Each group takes someone with a gun, for killing grounders. Use the spears for hunting. Be back by nightfall." Bellamy ordered, heading to the dropship.

———————-

"Hey, Clarke, you alone?" A kid named Myles asked her as she was grabbing a spear. "Maybe we can go together."

"Sure." She smiled.

"Ready to go?" Finn asked walking next to her.

"Oh, no. I don't think so." Clarke said, putting her hand up.

"Come on. I'm a good tracker." Finn sighed.

"Ready?" Octavia asked walking up to Myles.

"Yeah, hey, Clarke's coming." Myles smiled.

"Great. Let's go." Octavia smiled at the blonde.

"Bye, Finn," Clarke said, handing a spear to Octavia.

———————

"Hey, we need more ammo," Bellamy said, walking into Raven's tent.

"That's it till Jasper gets back," Raven said handing him about ten bullets. "Now get out of my tent."

"Where are you going?" Bellamy asked, watching her pack things in her bag.

"The hell away from here." She replied.

"You're not leaving."

"What makes you think you can tell me what to do? Aren't you a janitor?"

"Where are you gonna go?"

"Into these damn woods. I'll find someplace safe."

"Don't be an idiot. You go alone, you're dead, or worse."

"I'd rather leave than stay here 'til we run out of bullets and get murdered."

"Unless you come up with something better."

Raven looked at him confused.

"Come on, you came down here in a pod you rebuilt yourself. You made a bomb out of a tin can. What else you got in that head of yours?"

"Wow, Clarke really is a great influence."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Finn told me how you were when you guys first came down here. But, you don't seem like that at all."

Bellamy smiled, "Well, my Princess has that effect."

"Radios. We can make radios!" She exclaimed. "We can't defend ourselves if we can't communicate. If we can build... walkie-talkies, then we can fight as a team."