part 3

In the end, it really isn't that hard to hoodwink your Dad into thinking you were fast asleep in your bed most weeknights.

You followed the same routine, ate dinner with him, said goodnight, then climbed out your bedroom window into Tara's waiting car. In the mornings, she'd wake you with lazy kisses, take you back home before he woke up. You'd meet him downstairs for breakfast. And he didn't suspect a thing.

It was one of those nights again. You were watching a movie tonight, some indie horror Tara had on her watchlist. You lay against her, sprawled across the couch lazily, head on her shoulder. When you'd first met her, you'd hated horror, hated any kind of gore. Now, you don't mind it so much.

The actress is kind of cute. You find yourself thinking. She has dark hair, dark eyes, just like Tara's. You briefly consider saying it aloud. You think better of it.

"The main girl is kind of cute." Tara says, casually. Sometimes you think she can read your mind.

Jealousy flickers hot through you. It wasn't often Tara expressed interest in other girls. In fact, it was almost never. She was completely devoted to you, or so you had thought.

You frown, grip her hand a little tighter.

"Too bad for her, you're mine."

She hums, a smile playing on her lips. She likes it when you do that. Claim her. When you're as possessive as she is.

You turn your attention back to the TV, a little irked. She isn't that cute, you think. And she isn't Tara's type. At all. Unconsciously, you tug Tara's hand into your lap, grip tight.

"What would you do if she was here right now?" Her voice is low. Lips against your ear. "If she was here. In this room. Hitting on me."

It's a weighted question. You tighten your grip on her waist.

"I'd tell her to fuck off."

Tara's watching you. Your jaw is clenched.

"Is that all?"

You look at her. Try to figure out what kind of game she's playing.

"What if you walked in on us? Having sex."

At this you sit up. Stare at her. Even the thought is like ice water down your spine.

"I'd kill you." Something flickers in her eyes.

"Just me?" She whispers. "Would you kill her too?"

Desire flickers deep within you. You let yourself think. Wonder. If some whore put her hands all over Tara. Kissed her. Took her to bed. You imagine walking in on them, some other girl in Tara's lap. Riding her. Kissing her. Jealousy flickers through you, tearing your stomach into knots.

"I'd gut her like a fish." Is what you say. "And then fuck you until you forgot her name."

Tara's mouth falls open slightly. Her eyes black with desire. She presses up into you, takes your lips in a searing kiss.

"Because I'm yours." She says, breathlessly. "And you're mine."

You nod.

She presses up into you. Kisses you fiercely.

"Fuck." She murmurs against your lips. She's excited. You can tell by the way her hands are roaming, tugging gently at the base of your shirt. "Let's go upstairs, baby. I want you."

It's a familiar trek by this point.

You're fused at the lips, as always, wild hands and gentle gasps as you try to undress each other before you reach the bedroom. You're already down to your underwear by the time your back hits the mattress, Tara's weight on top of you, similarly undressed as she fumbles with your underwear.