part 4

It was the same every weekend: Amber, Tara's best friend, would wait until her Dad left town, then phone up half the school for a Saturday night rager. Tara took you every weekend. It was the only real time the two of you would jump out of your love bubble, besides when you were in school. It was kind of nice to get out, get drunk and have a dance.

The only downside? Having to hang out with Tara's friends.

Mindy and Wes were okay, but Chad was a fuckboy, Liv was a drama queen and Amber was a straight up bitch. You weren't really sure why Tara was still friends with any of them, considering how little they all had in common. When you'd asked, Tara had just shrugged and said they'd been friends forever, since elementary school. So you put up with them for her, swallow your distaste for them with a red cup full of beer. At least the beer was free.

You almost spill it over yourself as you lean over the couch, placing Tara's cup on the table next to her. You drink out of your own cup, settle down onto the couch next to her. The party is in full swing, but as usual Tara and her friends claim the living room, passing around a half-lit joint as they talk amongst themselves.

Tara leans into you. Presses a kiss to your cheeks.

"You look so hot in that new skirt, baby." She murmurs into your ear. You smile, press a quick kiss to her lips. She'd taken you shopping that afternoon, and the moment she'd seen it on you she'd insisted on buying it. Her fingers skim across your thighs under the material, rub the soft skin there.

"Thanks, babe." You say. She reaches for you, grabs you gently by the waist, trying to tug you into her lap. You shift your weight onto her, wrap your arms around her neck and kiss her, deep.

The sound of Amber tutting breaks you apart.

"You two are nauseating." She sneers, "Can't you go five minutes without being on top of each other?"

"I think they're sweet." Liv coos from the other side of the room. She's draped over Chad, her boyfriend, who's mostly ignoring her in favor of watching sports on his phone. "I wish Chad wanted me on his lap all the time."

"You're too heavy." Chad says, mindlessly. Liv smacks him.

"You're just jealous no one wants you in their lap, Amber." Tara says. She rubs her hands over the tops of your thighs, skimming your underwear, not bothering to hide it.

Amber rolls her eyes.

"Please. I could pull half of this room. Guys and girls alike."

You raise an eyebrow.

"Go on then." You challenge. You scan the room quickly. Point out a broad shouldered jock. "What about him?"

She grimaces. "Too dumb."

Your eyes fall on a slim blonde girl, you point her out.

"Too skinny."

"Wes is single." Mindy pipes up. Chad sniggers.

"Ew. Too dorky."

Amber looks at you, suddenly. Her eyes narrow as she drops her beer to the table. She stands, moves in close so she's hovering over you.

"Maybe I'll just take you." She says, voice low. Smirk on her lips, "See what all the fuss is about. Figure out why Tara's so obsessed with you."

You feel Tara's hands tighten around your waist.

"Why don't you try and see what happens?" Tara says. Her eyes are hard, voice serious. Mindy and Wes stare. Even Chad looks up from his phone. Amber smiles.