part 27

a/n: lil flash!forward fic, liked this one too much to put in the drabble files. set a year or so after all hers (which will be finished soon :)) when the girls are in college. think of it as a nice lil interlude. 

-

Quinn Bailey is - to put it lightly - an absolute pain in your ass.

New York City is expensive.

College is expensive.

And despite your parents' assistance and you and Tara both working part time jobs, it just isn't feasible for you to get your own place in the city.

So you'd put an ad in the paper. Found Quinn. She'd seemed fun at first - lively. The type of girl you'd want to be friends with in a new city like this. A tried and true party girl, glimmering like a jewel in a sea of dreary faces.

But her sparkle had lasted all of three weeks.

First it was the dishes.

She left them piled up in the sink, unattended. For days, sometimes weeks.

A little pet peeve of yours, but it wasn't anything major.

It had nothing on the men.

They were like a revolving door. An entire roster of bodies to keep her warm.

Short men. Tall men. Thin men, muscular men. Men with beards. Men without. Pretty men, sometimes, even ugly men.

If he lived in the tri-state area and had a penis - likely he'd seen the inside of your apartment (and your roommate).

But really, you're not in the position to complain.

You and Tara weren't exactly known for having quiet sex, and of all the people you'd lived with, Quinn seemed to mind it the least.

Maybe, looking back, that should have been the first warning sign.

"I don't know," Quinn sighs one night over a glass of wine. Tara's curled up in your arms, nursing her own glass as you play with her hair, "Sometimes I think I should just give them all up."

"Men?" You ask, furrowing your brow. You laugh a little at the thought, "I don't know Quinn, outside of partying, men are your biggest hobby."

It's not intended as a slight, and Quinn doesn't take it as one. She throws a coy smile your way.

"I don't know, you two have just got me thinking lately," She says, "I've never considered girls before. I mean, I like dick. A lot. But maybe dick isn't everything."

"Poetic," You say, an eyebrow raised.

Men or women, it didn't really matter who Quinn bought home. You'd have to wear your noise canceling headphones regardless.

But Tara's shifting in your arms, sitting up. Then, she narrows her eyes at Quinn.

Like she's scanning her for a potential threat.

Although therapy had quietened some of Tara's more jealous tendencies, it hadn't gotten rid of them completely. Now, instead of stabbing - she chooses staring.

You rub her arm, your quiet signal there are no threats here.

"Besides," Quinn says, throwing her hair back, "A chick can just strap one on, right? And it never goes soft. Maybe that's an upgrade."

Tara's tense against you.

Quinn looks over at her, and suddenly notices the death glare she's receiving. She pinches her eyebrows, a little confused.