S1E1: And then there were ten

An RV called the rust bucket pulls up to the front of a school, with an elderly man opening the door, only to see a ten year old by hanging on a tree by his pants.

Max: "Come on, Ben, let's go! We're burning daylight. I wanna to make it to the campsite by nightfall!"

Ben: "Uh, Grandpa? A little help here?"

Max does as Ben asks, and helps him down, letting them both enter the rust bucket.

Ben: "I have so been looking forward to this!-"

Just then, he notices his cousin Gwen sitting at the table.

Ben: "What are you doing here? What is she doing here?"

Gwen: "Take it easy, dweeb. This wasn't my idea. Somebody convinced my mom that "going camping for the summer would be a good experience for me""
Ben: "Grandpa, please. Tell me you didn't..."

Max: "I thought it would be fun if your cousin came along with us this summer. Is... that a problem?"

Ben and Gwen say nothing but look at one another. But then a thought came to Ben's mind.

Ben: "hey, where's y/n?"

Max: "he had a very stressful night, so he's still resting. He'll join us once we're at camp"

Rust Bucket pulls away from the school, as Ben and Gwen bicker at each other, albeit, quietly to not wake the youngest.

Ben: "I can't believe it. I wait all school year to go on this trip, and now the queen of cooties is along for the ride"

Gwen: "Hey! I had my own vacation already all planned out too, you know?"

She pulls out a paper schedule.

Gwen: "Each activity is color-coded, so I never do the same thing two days in a row. Now, I'm stuck with my geekazoid cousin going camping for three months"

Ben: "Geek"

Gwen: "Jerk"

Max: "Something tells me it's gonna be a long summer..."

The Rust Bucket driving out of Bellwood onto Route 66 Later in the day, the three Tennysons gathered in the woods around a table-bench. A fourth was there now, messy h/c hair covered his head, while a shining blue amulet around his neck.

Max: "Chow time!"

Max plops down a bowl of still-wriggling worms, to Ben and Gwen's disgust, while y/n only sleepily smiled.

Ben: "Okay, I give up. What- is that?"
Max "Marinated mealworms. Hard to find them fresh in the States. You know, they're considered a delicacy in some countries?"

Gwen: "And totally gross in others?
One of the worms falls out the bowl and crawls on the table"

Max "If these don't sound good, I've got some smoked sheep's tongue in the fridge?"

Ben: "Urgh. Couldn't we just have a burger or something?"

Ben and Gwen smile at Max.

Max: "Nonsense. This summer's gonna be an adventure for your taste buds.. I'll grab the tongue"

Max walks off to the rust bucket, as Ben and Gwen turn to each other.

Ben: "Okay, I got a half-eaten bag of corn chips and a candy bar in my backpack. What'd you got?"

Gwen: 'Some rice cakes and hard candy"

Ben: "Think we can make them last the whole summer?"

The two sulk, until they looked at y/n, who had a mouthful of mealworms in his mouth.