S1E5: Hunted

It was another day in the desert. Max has constructed a small target practice structure of strung up tires and soda cans.

Max: "You ready?"

Ben, already inside the structure, smirks and slams down on the watch, transforming into Diamondhead.

Diamondhead: "Oh yeah"

Max: "Remember to think out there, Ben. Don't just try to muscle it. "Might isn't always right"!"

Diamondhead: "I know, but it's always fun!"

Max pulls a lever, sending six cans flying in the air. Diamondhead spins around and fires six crystals, piercing each one. Max makes target boards lower behind Diamondhead, who spins around and shoots them.

Diamondhead has restless fingers and excitedly shoots cans from behind his back and a target cactus in front. He somersaults and nails some pull-up targets a fair distance away. He morphs his spikes back into his hand and blows on his "hot" finger. Gwen watches him from a lounge chair, applying sunscreen, with y/n sitting on the ground next to her, sitting crosslegged, with his eyes closed.

Gwen: "Show-off..."

Max: "Focus, Ben. Think!"

Diamondhead: "Don't worry, Grandpa!"

Some cans come flying at him. He bobs out of the way and shoots them behind his back, but doesn't notice a tire swinging towards him. It beans Diamondhead in the face, knocking him back and causing him to shoot crystals everywhere. Max takes cover. Gwen screams and hides as the crystals hit her chair and sunscreen bottle. Y/n however, caught a crystal inches from his face.

As gwen starts crawling out from under a table, the leaking sunscreen lands on her head.

Gwen: "Urrgh!"

Diamondhead: "Oops... my bad"

------------------------------------

Gwen: "You rock-head, you almost turned me and y/n into Swiss cheese!"

Ben: "I said I was sorry. What else do you want?"

They were back in the rust bucket, driving away from the training structure, and back on the road.

Max: "What we want is for you to take that thing on your wrist more seriously, Ben. It's not a toy. You've got to think when you use it"

Ben: "I know, but come oooon! You guys have seen me in action. I'm the baddest Ben in town! I've kicked so much alien butt, my feet hurt!"

Gwen: "Yeah, well, one of these days, you're gonna screw around and get your own butt kicked, and I hope I'm there to see it!"

Ben: "Dream on, geek face!"

Y/n sighed, and crossed his arms. Once again, Ben ignores y/n, and takes the glory for himself. The Rust Bucket then starts sputtering and slowing down on the road.

Max: "Uh oh, that doesn't sound good"

Max Pulls down into a ghost town, and parks the rust bucket to check the damage, as his grandkids stood outside with him.

Ben: "Huh, looks like nobody's home"

Gwen: "Not for a while. My IntelliMap program says this is Slaterville. Incorporated in 1857 after the discovery of silver. Went bust in the late '50s when the mine ran out"

Ben: "Why does everything out of your mouth sound like a book report?"

Max: "Aha!"

Max takes his head out of the RV's hood.