Rehearsal

y/n

     I woke up at noon the following day, I didn't have work today luckily but I wasn't expecting to sleep in that long, I noticed a text from Wilbur with the address of the studio, he asked me to be there by 7 tonight and ready for some secret music. I laughed a bit at his text because he put a ';)'  at the end of his message. I showered and got dressed quickly, I was honestly nervous to meet Lovejoy, I've only began listening to them back in late 2021 so I was late in the game for their music. But I heard about them making some new stuff through Wilbur so maybe that's what he was talking about. Either way I quickly ate and got some snacks for everybody put together. By the time 6:30 came along I was already halfway to the studio, I didn't have a license in England yet so I had to either walk or bike everywhere. Sure it sucked, but it was healthier and better for the environment at least. When I got to the studio it looked like no one was in there at first, I didn't know if I was allowed in there so I waited outside until someone else showed up, it was only 6:50 when I got there so I didn't think that anyone other than the producer would be inside already. 7 came around, and then 7:05, then 7:10 , I got a text for Wilbur at 7:15

Wilbur:

Y/n are you outside? I told the band that we're waiting for you so they could meet you.

     Shortly after that text Wilbur came outside and looked around, he smiled when he found me and hugged me, "There you are, I thought you got lost." I giggled, "I'm not that short, Wilbur!" He let go of me and smiled, "Come on, they're already a bit mad at me for making them wait on you." We then walked inside and I followed Wilbur, "I brought snacks, if that's okay." Wilbur snickered a bit, "What are we, seven?" I smiled lightly, "I made them myself" "I take back my statement then, just leave them out on the table please." I placed the snacks on the table and looked around, Ash was tuning his bass, Mark was spinning his drumsticks between his fingers, and Joe was talking with the producer. Wilbur cleared his throat to get the everyone's attention,  "Hey guys, this is my friend, y/n. She brought snacks if you want them." I waved my hand and smiled awkwardly, Wilbur noticed and quietly whispered to me, "They're nice, I promise." That calmed me down a bit and I looked at him, "Where should I sit?" He walked over to where his guitar was resting, "Wherever you want, the floor is probably the best for now though." I walked over to a corner, nearly tripping over some wires, and sat down. "Do you guys mind if I record this? I won't post it anywhere but this is honestly just an honor." Ash shook his head and Wilbur looked at me, "It's fine, just don't post any unreleased stuff we play." I nodded and Wilbur began to count down for the band. 

      The first song they played was Concrete, I had to resist myself from singing along with Wilbur because I didn't want to annoy them, I noticed that Wilbur kept glancing at me while they played. I also noticed that he tried his best to stay close to me while they played, I texted Jack last night while Wilbur was driving me home if he knew how Wilbur felt about me, he hasn't responded yet but I was starting to believe that Wilbur liked me back. After they played a few songs Wilbur needed to take a break, I sat up a bit to get comfy when Wilbur sat beside me, "Having fun?" I laughed a little, "What are you, my dad, Will?" He chuckled, "Hey, just wondering." I smiled and leaned my back against the wall, "Well yes, I'm having fun. Thank you for inviting me." "No problem, I heard you're learning guitar." I nodded, "I was going to ask you if you could teach me." He smiled, "Of course, but there's a price." I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "What's the price?" "You have to buy me lunch tomorrow." I laughed a bit and nodded, "Fine, but I also want to meet Phil." "Fine, fine. I'll ask him when he wants to do a call with you in it." Wilbur then got up and the band practiced the rest of their songs.

     Once rehearsal was over I stood up, Wilbur and I were the last ones to leave other than the producer. As we were walking outside Wilbur looked at me, "Do you want to go grab a drink?" I looked at him, "I don't really drink, but I'll go with you." We then made our way to a nearby pub, "This is a nice bar." Wilbur glanced at me, "Bar?" "Yeah, that's what they're called in America." "I know, just wanted to tease you." Wilbur chuckled a bit at his own joke. We took a seat at the counter and I looked around, "Isn't this where the Concrete music video was filmed?" Wilbur nodded and then ordered his drink, "Do you want anything?" I shook my head, "Just a water for me, please." He nodded and then ordered a water for me. I took my jacket off and tied it around my waist, "Don't get too drunk, Wilbur. I can't drive you home." He looked at me confused, "Why?" "I don't have a license here yet." The bartender brought us our drinks and I grabbed my water, "I guess I didn't think about that..." Wilbur seemed to have space out into his own thoughts. "I'm sure someone can drive you home, Will." I took a sip of my water, "I'm more worried about how you'll get home, y/n." I laughed a little, "I'll be fine, I'll just walk home or something." Wilbur took a sip of his drink, "Just stay at my place tonight, I'll be worried about you all night if I let you walk home this late at night." I looked at him, *Why do you care so much, Will? I'm 22 years old I think I can walk myself home." Wilbur placed his drink on the counter, "Just, please stay with me tonight, or at least come back to my place until I know someone can pick you up. You can sleep on the couch if you need to, I just don't want to worry about you all night." I examined Wilbur's face, his eyes were filled with care and his expression was serious. His curly hair was definitely going into his eyes a bit, I thought for a moment before responding. "Fine, but I'm sleeping on the couch." Wilbur's eyes softened and he nodded, "Thank you. Tommy is probably going to be there because his apartment is shit." He quickly finished his drink afterwards and paid the bartender, "Let's head home before I'm too drunk to walk." I nodded and followed Wilbur back to his place, while we were walking I laughed a bit and said, "You need a haircut, Wilbur." He nodded, "I know, but I told my chat I wasn't going to get a haircut until Lovejoy's new song comes out." I looked at him, "And when would that be?" He smiled mischievously, "Soon, hopefully. We're currently filming the music video so it should be able to be released soon." The rest of the walk to Wilbur's place was silent other than the scraps of garbage moving across the ground occasionally.

     While Will and I were walking to his place Jack texted me.

Jack

Jack:

I can't tell you, but he definitely has some surprises for you.

     Well that's confusing, Jack. I thought, I noticed that Wilbur was walking really close to me and was becoming obviously drunk. Once Wilbur walked to the front door of a house and let me in, I followed him inside and he shut the door behind us. Just as Wilbur said Tommy was there, he had a mattress on the floor, "Hey tommy, heard about your apartment." Tommy glanced at me, "Hey, y/n. What are you doing here?" Wilbur came stumbling in and I sighed, "Wilbur's drunk and he wouldn't let me walk home alone, so now I'm going to be sleeping on his couch tonight." Tommy gave a smug look at Wilbur and then said, "Okay then... I'll leave you two alone then." As Tommy left the room Wilbur called out to him, "It's not like that Tommy!" I laughed quietly and looked at Will, "Let him have his moment. Do you just want me to sleep here tonight?" Wilbur nodded and then said, "Yes please." "Do you have any blankets for me to use then?" Wilbur nodded and then stumbled off to go find some blankets, I sat down on the couch and Tommy came back into the room, "Hey y/n." I looked at Tommy, "Yeah?" "I gotta tell you something that Will is hiding from you." "What is it?"