13

I was filled with anticipation as I realized I was about to get the answers I was seeking. Taking a deep breath, I eagerly waited to hear what was going to be revealed.

Catherine then opened the door that we were standing in front of. With a sense of intrigue, I watched as she slowly pushed the door open, eager to see what awaited me on the other side.

Much to my surprise, I was forced to sit down in a chair that was in the center of the room. The walls were filled with bright and colorful paintings and there were several bookshelves filled with books of all shapes and sizes.

After letting my eyes adjust to the light, I saw that the room was filled with six people. They had been staring at me with curious expressions.

"Wait, what is going on?" I asked curiously, glancing at every person one by one, especially at Catherine.

Silence filled the room, a heavy and oppressive presence that seemed to stretch on endlessly. The stillness was so palpable, it was almost as if the air had been sucked out of the room.

"We know about Prince Maxwell," Alexander admitted firmly when no one answered my question.

"Wait? What?" I repeated. My heart started to race and I felt a wave of panic wash over me. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

"But how?" I questioned impatiently, needing answers.

"Because of this," A voice remarked from the back of the room. A voice that had hatred and poison just for you.

There was no reason to be shocked that the person was Charlotte. Though instead of having her usual sour expression, she had a mischievous smirk.

She had been holding a letter at her fingertips, dangling it in the air as if to tease me. Which means the letter must be important to me.

I connected the dots very quickly. Prince Maxwell, a letter, confrontation from my siblings.

My skin started to boil in anger. I felt an intense heat radiating from my face as my emotions boiled over. My fists clenched and my jaw tightened as a feeling of rage filled my entire body.

How dare they take my letter out of the mailbox!

"How did you get it!" I exclaimed clearly, standing from the chair. If Charlotte has something to do with it, I swear, I'll make her regret it, I thought firmly.

Alexander immediately sense the tension between us and snatched the letter out of Charlotte's hands.

"Don't worry, none of us opened the letter. We only saw the front of the envelope," Alexander explained, giving me the letter.

"Catherine was walking by when she saw a letter beside the mailbox. She recognized your handwriting and decided to give it to me," He continued.

I was embarrassed by my lack of self-control and my inability to think before I spoke. I was ashamed of how I had acted and I was worried that I had ruined my relationships with those around me.

"I'm sorry Estelle, I should have given it to you but I was really curious. You wouldn't tell me before," Catherine apologized, her face reddening.

I sat back down on the chair and embarrassed of my outburst.

"It's okay Catherine," I muttered hesitantly.

"So who's Prince Maxwell?" Aiden asked me as he couldn't take anymore of the silence.

"He is a boy-" I started.

"Estelle has a boyfriend!" Lottie and Catherine squealed excitedly as they spun around.