-1

"Keep your back straight Princess Estelle, you won't be slouching in front of all the guests at the ball!" The teacher instructed firmly.

I was wrong. I could not stop thinking about school. It excited me so much that I would lose concentration in the middle of practice for the ballroom dance. I started to feel overwhelmed, and it was difficult to focus on anything else.

"I am sorry Mr. Tyre, I will try and focus on your lesson," I replied sincerely as I stood back in the starting position.

With the music playing, I glided across the room with ease, positioning my hands where my partner would be. I slowly moved to the rhythm, the steps coming naturally to me as I felt my partner's presence despite them not being there.

Even though everyone knew that no one would want to dance with me, the Queen still insisted on me learning the partner's dance. I embraced the challenge, swaying to the music and determinedly mastering the steps to prove that I could create beauty even without a partner.

I continued to dance perfectly around the large room for the past twenty minutes until Mr. Tyre released a loud grunt and told me to stop dancing.

"You are finished for today, train hard and... good luck Princess Estelle," Mr. Tyre stated, stressing his 'good luck'.

"Thank you Mr. Tyre, I truly hope all of your training will help me tomorrow," I replied kindly, bowing slightly with reluctance.

He also bowed before leaving the room, his shoes giving him a dramatic effect as he closed the old door behind himself.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead with my hands and flicked it away before drinking out of my clear mug to replenish my thirst.

I hadn't been able to take a break for thirty minutes because he's been pushing me on even though we both know that I've got the routine perfectly right.

"Estelle? Are you finished with dance practice?" A small voice suddenly echoed through the room making me look at the door.

A ginger head with freckles had been sticking out of the door with a shy and happy grin. Her name was Catherine Abbott, one of the youngest grandchildren of the Queen.

"Yep, I just finished," I said gently, bending to one knee.

Once I beckoned her over with a small wave gesture, she immediately ran into my arms and enveloped me in a tight hug.

"I've missed you Estel!" The girl squealed excitedly.

Catherine had only been 8 years old and was already accepted into one of the smartest private schools in Luxor. She had eye-catching, gingery, curly hair that reached her waist, hazel coloured eyes and was taller than your average height.

"I missed you too," I muttered as I let go of her and wiped the dirt off her cheek.

She grabbed her bag off her back and searched for what she wanted in it. "Oh, I've got something for you!" she exclaimed.

When she did, she showed it to me like it was gold or diamond, but it was like a treasure for Catherine. It was a necklace with a blue clear crystal hanging from a gold chain.

"I got it from a woman in the market," She explained as she started to chain the necklace around my neck.

"It's beautiful Catherine. I'm sure it must have cost a lot. Did you know the price? Maybe I can buy one for you."

"The price of it? I can't remember but I think it had eight zeros on the price tag." She shrugged after finally attaching the necklace.

Of course, typical Catherine didn't even check the price. It will be hers if she thinks it is pretty at first glance. I would have a budget for myself if I ever did any shopping.