20

It has been a full week since I began my journey as a student at Harriet Private School, and I can already tell that this will be an incredible experience. I have had the opportunity to meet some amazing people and learn about a variety of different subjects.

The teachers are knowledgeable and welcoming and the atmosphere of the school is very friendly. I am looking forward to the upcoming weeks filled with new experiences and knowledge.

Everything was going well until the Principal called me into her office. She said that I would have to join an extracurricular club of my choice, as it was a school policy for all students to take part in at least one extracurricular activity.

While I was initially reluctant to join an extracurricular activity, I soon realized that the options were vast. I could join a sports team, take part in student government, volunteer for a community service project, get a job, pursue an art such as painting or photography, take up a new hobby, or join an educational club.

Having never been a fan of sports and having a negative view of them, I was dreading the prospect of joining the sports club that I had never been a part of.

I felt that it would be a complete waste of my time, and was resentful of the fact that I had to do something I didn't want to do.

The student government club was a great way to get involved in the school community. It allowed students to have a voice in decisions made by the school, and gave them the opportunity to make a difference in their school and community.

The club also provided great leadership opportunities, and helped students develop practical skills such as public speaking, problem-solving, and decision-making.

Joining an art such as painting or photography was also an option. This would allow me to express myself creatively, as well as learn a new skill. I could also use this opportunity to explore my artistic talents, and create a portfolio of work to showcase my skills.

Additionally, I could use the art club to network with other students and professionals in the field.

The art club at my school was a great way to explore my artistic talents and create a portfolio of work. It allowed me to express myself creatively, as well as develop a range of skills such as public speaking, problem-solving, and decision-making.

Since it was too hard to pick, I decided to visit all of the clubs one by one.

I visited the student government club first, where I was impressed by the enthusiasm of the members and their commitment to making a difference in the school.

It was inspiring to see how the members worked together to come up with solutions to the problems that the school was facing.

After visiting the student government club, I then visited the art club, which was a great way to explore my artistic talents and create a portfolio of work.

There were a variety of classes to choose from, such as painting, photography, sculpture, and graphic design. Catherine also joined the art club so I wouldn't be alone.

Last but not least was the sports club. I was initially apprehensive about joining the club, having never been a part of one before.

I was already tired from talking in the student government club and painting strokes in the art club, that I just wanted to go to sleep, but I thought I should at least check out the sports club, since it was the last one.

Despite being physically exhausted, I decided to push myself and visit the sports club.

I decided to visit the basketball club since it was the closest by and expectedly, there was no talking since it was past five o'clock.