Chapter 14: Rachel meets Luke

Rachel POV

I can tell you the colors that emitted from Luke's aura were so gorgeous that it was a shame I didn't have any paint or some colored pencils nearby to capture it, even then I fear I wouldn't do it justice.

As we walked I noticed his body language was tense at times and he wouldn't directly look into my eyes. I was staring at him calculating whether he was just intimidated by me or if it was something else.

Luke cleared his throat "Rachel, so it's a lot of us that I guess have been reanimated if that's a way to explain it, soul and body intact." I nodded "I can tell also Percy has a lot of explaining to do regarding the huntress that was in the sky, I had a vision before but wasn't aware that-" I noticed a flash a pain in his expression I stopped walking as well as my thought.

"I'm sorry," I said softly looking at him "I've been talking and asking questions but I didn't really think to ask how hard this was for you." His expression softened and he gave a soft smile "It's fine, I like being-"

I shook my head "Luke, I'm talking about us well... more me. Is this going to be an issue?" He scratched his head "I was that obvious huh?" I shrugged "I'm also an oracle I get these vibes."

"Like Spider-Man?"
"No like Wanda in Age of Ultron,"
He nodded his head thoughtfully "That makes sense, am I really that sad?"

"No just conflicted,"
There was a long period of silence before one of us spoke again. During that silence I watched how Luke like all the demigods I know couldn't keep himself still and it was honestly pretty cute watching him try. Once I had amused myself I responded "I'm great at what I do Luke, I know there's strings attached because of your mother but I know what I can and can't handle and although I appreciate your worry, use that worry somewhere else for you and I technically just met and I'm not chucking my hair brush at you or drawing you."

"D-Drawing me?" He splutters I ignore him "Anyway let's just forget the past and since we have this chance to start anew let's take it." I hold out my hand "Hello, my name is Rachel Elizabeth Dare,"
"Fuck that's a long ass name." He responded
"I will kick your ass," I warned
"Hello Red," he took my hand "I hope you've heard not too bad things about me, my name is Luke Castellan," he kissed my hand "I hope we can get to know each other over tea as we brush each other's hair and not attempt to maim them and if you should draw me I think I'm best to look at when nude."
I blinked again processing his words "Luke," I said calmly "I'm going to kick your ass now and don't think you or any of your zombie buddies can stop me."

Luke turned to run only to run straight into a now awake Percy who fell back on his butt. "Dude I just woke up try not to knock me unconscious!" He exclaimed

"I could say the same thing, you have a space rock for a head!"

"Let's go further into the woods you two are attracting too much attention."

"I apologize Red I-" I grabbed him by his collar and dragged him away "That's it! You coming or not Percy because I'm beating his ass."

"I'll help," he said I didn't turn to look back at him because I was busy tackling Luke onto the ground trying to land hits on the stupid little man.

"What are you doing to him!" Yelled a voice and we I could sense us all freezing up. Looking up I saw as Thalia and Will stared at us confused as they walked towards us.

"The real question is what are you doing here?" Asked Percy before I could get a chance
Thalia shrugged "I don't have to answer to you,"
"I could say the same." Percy shot back clearly getting annoyed with Thalia to defuse the situation I spoke up "Hey Thalia welcome back!" I let go of Luke and stood up slowly dusting myself off "I was just giving them a personal tour of the camp and beyond."

"Beyond?" She said clearly not convinced
"Why is he here?" Asked Luke pointing at Will who was inching away from Thalia as discreetly as he could. "I found him trailing you guys," she said matter of factly "He told me that you guys were planning something."

Again there was silence between the three of them and it was obvious that Will and I were on the outskirts of the tension war between the three "Yeah," said Luke "She was planning on whooping my ass," he used air quotations which led to me kicking him

"Shut up dude because it seems like she will," said Percy wincing at my perfect kick at Luke's side. Thalia looked at Percy's direction again "I'm surprised you're awake sleeping beauty, it didn't seem like you were going to wake."
"Glad to see you cared," he said with a sarcastic tone Luke snickered "Dude I could practically hear you rolling your eyes."
"Whatever." Mumbled Thalia deciding it was the least of her problems to worry about what we were doing
"When did you become such a bitch Thalia?" Continued Percy

We all looked at him, what the hell was he thinking? As I looked him closely I could see something was wrong the colors weren't soft like Luke's they seemed to be clashing as if fighting for dominance. Something was definitely off. I stood in front of Thalia "Something is wrong," I quickly said "This isn't his normal deposition! He's just a stupid man! Just-just let me handle this and I promise you'll get an apology-" my words were never received I watched as a Thalia let down a thunder bolt that immediately had my hands go to my hair. Fuck no! I must look crazy I internally groaned.

Luke stood up and looked at me "How in the Chaos did this escalate?" Will took that as his chance to find his distance from the situation only to find himself watching and muttering "Nico isn't going to believe this!"

Percy was still, no not like Luke fidgety skill. Still, still. I couldn't see his face because his hood had created a shadow over his face. At this moment I decided me not seeing his face was the least of my worries especially once Luke whispered "Fuck no."He pulled my hand and shielded me as there was a loud roaring sound and a scream. Pushing Luke off of me I looked to see Thalia standing there soaked, her cheeks red as she coughed up water and gasped for air.

Percy raised his hand again possibly preparing for another attack when a girls voice said sweetly "How about you come on a picnic with Flame and I? I need someone to row our boat and not get us wet or my shoes." Percy slowly lowered his hand "I'd like that," he mumbled "Of course and you can hold out clothes for me as I figure out what to wear for my date won't you?"

Luke sighed deeply clearly relieved "Thanks Rosie,"
She waved her hand at him as she led Percy away chatting away with him her words thick with charm speak.

"A true huntress doesn't stay down she gets back up," came another voice which led Luke to groan "It's like the walking dead," he jokes looking at me
I thought for a second and closed my eyes just sensing everything around me, when I opened my eyes to look at her I could see the dust of the star that she was floating around her and trailing behind her. I pointed at the trail behind her "Is that supposed to be there?" She looked down for a second only to look back at Thalia sharply replying "What are you talking about?" I shook my head "Nothing." Clearly this could be discussed later.

"Let's go dude," I looked at Luke
"Mess Hall?" He suggested
"Mess Hall." I agreed