𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏; Crush, Chop & Burn, Part 1

❝ Crush, Chop & Burn, Part 1 ❞

Crush, Chop & Burn, Part 1

    "WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME, MRS. DAVENPORT." Donald Davenport exclaimed, opening the door carefully as he held his new wife in his arms, bridal style.

The dark woman smiled, turning to look at him, "Why, thank you, Mr. Davenport." She said, caressing his chest lightly.

"Absolutely, Mrs. Davenport." He replied, leaning in to kiss her.

"We get it, you got married. It's getting old." A small boy said, carrying in and dropping all of his bags on the floor while Elowen watched, rocking back and forth on her feet as she held tightly onto the glass plate in her hands. "Even that random pretty girl gets it!"

This grabbed Donald's attention, turning his head in confusion as he put his wife down, only to see Elowen awkwardly watching the three of them beside the door.

Walking up to her, Donald put a hand on her shoulder before turning to Leo, "This isn't a random girl, Leo. This is Elowen, she's my best friend's daughter and she lives next door. Elowen, that's my wife, Tasha." Elowen raised her hand, waving at the pretty woman before the short boy began to speak.

"Leo. Dooley. Leo Dooley." He said, staring at the brunette girl with an awkward smirk as he outstretched his right hand for her to shake. "Step son of billionaire, Donald Davenport."

"Nice to meet you, Leo. Dooley. Leo Dooley." She smiled, balancing the plate on her left hand. "Biological daughter of billionaires, Theodore and Valentine Evergreen."

Quickly walking over, Tasha exclaimed, "This is nice, you guys could be friends!" She said, wrapping her arms around their shoulders, causing Elowen to smile while Leo looked at her with wide eyes.

"Mom I don't need friends, I have friends." He said, 'coolly' shrugging his mom's arm off his shoulders.

"Last semester you ate lunch with the janitor."

"I'll let you know, he was a great conversationalist." Leo defended, causing Elowen to snicker.

"Leo."

Letting out a defeated sigh, Leo caved. "Fine, we can be friends. Unless..."

"Friends is great." Elowen chuckled, making Leo nod in acceptance. "I came to drop off some cookies my dad and I baked."

"Oh! Oh! Gimme gimme gimme." Donald quickly exclaimed, shutting the front door while grabbing the plate from Elowen's hands and ripping the aluminum off. "What? Her dad's a world renowned chef and baker." He defended when he saw the weird stares from his new family.

Shaking his head, Leo finally turned away from the door. "Wow! You got this big house just from inventing things?" He exclaimed, finally taking in the house with wide eyes.