𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓; Crush, Chop & Burn, Part 2

❝ Crush, Chop & Burn, Part 2 ❞

Crush, Chop & Burn, Part 2

"WHAT'RE YOU DOING?" Leo asked as the group watched Chase walk around putting things into the black box in his hands.

"If Davenport is gonna ship us off to some remote facility, then the office supplies are coming with us." Chase replied, pausing his packing.

Elowen took a chip from the bowl of chips that she was sharing with Adam. "I hope you have a bigger box because you're going to need a lot more than just office supplies."

"We just got our first taste of normal life." Bree said from her seat beside Leo on the other desk. "I was this close to getting a curfew which I was totally gonna break with Elowen."

"Oooh! But maybe when we get to wherever we're going we'll meet a sassy lab chimp named Bobo." Adam said excitedly.

Elowen glanced at the boy sitting on the desk chair next to her with furrowed eyebrows. "Why would you need a sassy lab chimp when you have Chase?" Adam high-fived her as she sent a cheeky grin over to Chase who was playfully mocking her.

"He could take us on adventures and teach us how to love!" Adam quickly added.

Chase hiked himself up on the desk beside Bree before speaking. "Or maybe you'll make him angry and he'll maul you and snack on your fingers."

"Hey. I create the monkey fantasies around here." Adam quickly defended, standing up from his chair.

Elowen chuckled at this before she heard a beeping sound ring through the room. "Well, kids, I hope you've enjoyed your stay at casa Davenport." Eddy said, appearing on his screen. "I know I haven't. Sayonara!"

"Eddy, I know we've never been the best of friends," Bree began. "but we're gonna miss you."

"Aw, really?"

"No!"

"We hate you!"

"You're evil!"

"Guys come on, he really isn't that bad. I swear he's a lot nicer to people he actually likes." Elowen said, getting up from her seat on the desk and walking over to stand near Leo.

"Does he like anyone?" Leo furrowed his eyebrows.

"Uh," Elowen looked up, putting a finger on her chin. "I guess not. He really isn't nice." She shrugged.

"Where is this training facility anyway?" Leo asked, turning around to look at Eddie.

"Facility X? Oh, it's all the rage." Eddy said, showing a photo of a beautiful tropical island.

"That's actually pretty nice." Chase hummed, his siblings nodding in agreement.

Elowen narrowed her eyes at the screen. "Facility X is a tropical island? The name is not fitting at all."