𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒; Crush, Chop & Burn, Part 1

❝ Crush, Chop & Burn, Part 1 ❞

Crush, Chop & Burn, Part 1

"DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'VE DONE?" Donald said, walking across the living room. "I had to write a check to that school for 30 grand to make this go away."

"For 30 grand, I'll go away."

"I'll go away for free." Elowen began, quickly getting up to walk towards the door only for Donald to glance at her with narrowed eyes and his jaw clenched causing her to sit back down.

"We're sorry. We just wanted to be normal for a day." Bree said, shrugging her shoulders solemnly.

Tasha frowned, comfortingly patting Donald's arm before beginning to walk towards the couch. "Oh, come on, Donald. They're just kids. When I was their age, me and Fiona Micklejohn, we snuck out and we crashed—" She turned towards Donald and quickly stopped speaking when she saw his pointed glare. "You know what? I'm not helping."

"Look, I designed you guys to go on highly classified missions. Not try out for the cheerleading squad." The billionaire scolded.

Playing with the gray collar on his shirt, Adam frowned. "Oh...well, there goes that dream."

"Look, I know you're mad, Big D. But these guys performed the impossible today." Leo began, glancing at Elowen for back up from where she was sat in between Adam and Bree.

"They made Leo popular!" She exclaimed with a grin. "Trust me, that's no easy fate."

"Exactly, I got game!"

"And I cured male pattern baldness with a biology rat." Chase smiled, getting up excitedly.

"Ooh! And Elowen and I got invited to my first party!" Bree said, the two of them standing up smiling. "By a boy!"

"How exciting! We gotta get you two new clothes and shoes, and we'll invite your mom over and have a girls-" Tasha began before trailing off once more. "Again, not helping."

"That's it. Leo, you and Elowen are banned from the lab." Donald said. "And you three are to have no contact with the outside world."

Elowen stared at the older man with a frown. "Mr. D, don't you think that's harsh? They aren't just bionic, they should be in touch with their human side and learn to control their feelings to help them control their bionics. It's exactly why they're still glitching."

"How do you even know that?" Donald shouted, his jaw clenched.

"Chase explained it to me." She smiled, pointing at the boy who smiled back proudly.

"No talking, no texting, no nothing."

Adam stood up, "Ooh! What about the lost art of pantomime?" He began attempting to mime, smiling over at his dad.