𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑; Leo's Jam

❝ Leo's Jam ❞

Leo's Jam

    SITTING DOWN AROUND THE ROUND glass table in the lab, Elowen chuckled as she watched Adam destroy Leo's robot toy with a blank look on his face.

    "Okay, you win."

    "I don't know, the toy still looks pretty intact to me." Elowen hummed, leaning on the table. Adam picks up his robot once more only for Leo to snatch it out his hand, shooting Elowen an annoyed look just as the doors to the lab opened.

    "Hey, guys, I finally figured it out." Chase exclaimed, running towards the trio.

    "Oh, me too! Do not eat the outside of a pineapple." Adam said with a smile before grimacing. "Ooph! That'll come back to haunt you."

    "No." Chase shook his head, glancing at Elowen who just shrugged. "I figured out how to make Danielle like Leo. I recorded her with my bionic hearing. Let me play it back for you."

    "You're just going around recording people's conversations? That's not weird at all." Elowen mumbled as they moved to the other side of the lab. Chase stuck out a USB interface from the tip of his finger before inserting it into the USB port in the desk.

    "In the movie, the hero punched the bad guy and stole the baby right out of the alligator's mouth. I would so go out with a guy like that!"

    "Perfect! You get the alligator, I'm gonna go round up that baby." Adam clapped his hands before giving out instructions.

     "Adam, no." Chase shook his head, stopping Adam before he could leave. "She wants a hero. We just have to make Leo look heroic."

    At this, Elowen couldn't help the laugh that made its way out of her mouth. "Making Leo look heroic?"

     "Seriously?" Chase deadpanned, staring at the girl.

    "No she's right, that's a dead end." Leo shrugged before a big smile made its way onto his face. "What else shall we do today?"

    Adam walked back to the group before speaking. "If only there was a way you could borrow my bionic strength."

    "I can't do that. That's all you've got."

    "Wait a minute, Adam's on to something." Chase said, pointing at his brother. "Which is quite an achievement for someone who doesn't know how to eat a pineapple."

    "Hey, I got it down, didn't I?"

     Smiling sympathetically at him, Elowen patted his hand. "Yeah you did."

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

     "You stole my women!" Elowen put down her pencil over the open page of notes in her binder, hearing Leo's accusation as the three boys walked into the lab. "Where I come from, we call that a love crime."