𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓; Rats on a Train

❝ Rats on a Train ❞

Rats on a Train

"OKAY, GUYS. THE NEXT PHASE of your training is handling extreme climates." Mr. Davenport began explaining. "So we'll frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam. It's not a part of the training, I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out."

"You can't bake Bree!" Elowen exclaimed with wide eyes as she walked into the lab. "She just got her hair done."

"So did I, but I'm not complaining." Adam said with a big smile.

Rolling his eyes, Davenport began adjusting the temperature of Chase's capsule. "Alright Chase, I'm setting your tube on Antarctic. If it gets to be too much just give me a sign." He explained, imitating a signal Chase can give him.

"Bring it." He nodded determinedly just as his capsule began powering up.

"Hey, that's not fair. I want to be abused by weather, right Elowen?" Leo frowned, turning to look at her.

Blinking at him, she furrowed her eyebrows. "No."

"Leo, if you really want to be abused, try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath." Bree said.

"I don't have morning breath. It smells like that all day." Adam explained with a smile.

"Leo, these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kinds of climates. You're not."

"I can handle extreme cold." Leo denied.

"Whenever we're in the auditorium, you make me give you my sweater." Elowen scoffed, raising her eyebrows at her friend.

Before the boy in the blue T-shirt could reply, Mr. Davenport's phone began ringing. "Davenport. What?!" He then made his way to the other side of the lab, the teenagers following after him with wide eyes just as he started walking back. "I mean, that's awesome, but that's terrible!" He giggled as he continued to pace in place. "I-I gotta do something."

"What's going on? What's so terrible?" Adam quickly asked.

"Well I created the world's fastest train. But now it's speeding out of control. Full of highly explosive nuclonium towards downtown Welkerville!" He explained.

"Wow, what an accomplishment." Elowen hummed with raised eyebrows. "I hope they give you a medal for all the people you're about to kill." She continued before her eyes widened, turning back to see Chase unable to move because he was frozen. Quickly walking towards him, she pressed a button on the desk and his capsule opened.