𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖; Commando App

❝ Commando App ❞

Commando App

    "OKAY GUYS, YOU HAVE BEEN TRAINED for all kinds of missions but you are about to enter a soul-bruising, confidence-crush apocalyptic environment: high school." Donald explained, taking a deep breath.

    Elowen rolled her eyes at this. "It's only all of those things for you—" She said before glancing at the boy beside her. "—and Leo, but that's because you guys are kind of weird."

    "Don't you mean I was kind of weird?" Donald asked, glancing at her.

   "No." She deadpanned, making the older man roll his eyes while her friends laughed.

    "Anyways." He said, giving her a pointed look. "Adam, Bree, your glitch test results are fairly stable."

    "Yes, I'm going to school!"

    "I'm fairly stable!"

    "But, Chase, I am concerned about your commando app." Donald continued.

    "Commando app?" Leo said, furrowing his eyebrows. "Put on some underpants. We're going to school."

    "Tmi." Elowen grimaced. "We don't need to know what's going down there."

    Donald rolled his eyes at the two teens. "No, see, in the face of an imminent threat, Chase's commando app kicks in and he becomes a fearless brute, I like to call Spike." He explained as he walked over to Chase and put his hands on the teen's shoulders. "It's kinda like a fight-or-flight thing, except I took out the flight part, 'cause, useless. And I replaced it with a testosterone level of like a Tasmanian devil-Wolverine-shark-lion hybrid that's mad."

    "Don't worry Mr. Davenport." Chase began. "I promise that Spike won't rear his ugly head."

    "Oh, yeah? You mean like last Christmas when I made the mistake of giving Adam boxing gloves?"

    "So that's what all that noise was?" Elowen exclaimed. "My parents and I were able to hear it from our house across the street from the basement! We thought you were getting robbed."

    "So you guys didn't care to check?" Donald asked, annoyedly.

    Elowen raised her hands up in surrender. "That was your Christmas intruder not ours."

    "I'm still coughing up tinsel." Adam said, letting out a deep breath and lightly patting his chest with a grimace.

    "You know, letting Chase go to school isn't such a good idea. I can't risk Spike coming out."

    "What, are you being serious?" Elowen asked incredulously.

    "Come on, Big D!" Leo said as he and Elowen followed Donald to his desk. "Chase has to come. With these guys, I'll finally get a prime spot in the cafeteria—" He nodded his head with a big smile on his face. "That's right yall. Put on your coats, 'cause I'm about to ride your tail!"

   Elowen rolled her eyes as she put a hand on Leo's arm to halt his weird movement. "What I think Leo's trying to say is, if Adam and Bree go, Chase has to go as well. It wouldn't be fair if he didn't."

   "I'm sorry, Elowen, I just can't risk it."

   "Don't worry. We'll make sure he stays out of trouble. Right guys?" Adam said.

   "Yeah. It's one for all and all for one." Bree added. "Unless, of course you guys make me look bad. In which case, Elowen and I are dropping you lam-os."

   Elowen smiled at her friend before looking back at the older man. "I'll also be there which should be more than enough assurance that nothing will happen to our brainiac."

    Chase quickly nodded at this as he stepped forward. "Mr. Davenport, I can't miss school. This is the beginning of my academic achievements and career trajectory. I mean, the road to astronaut lawyer has to start somewhere."

   "Mr. D, please let him come with us to school." Elowen begged. "If he starts talking about all of us becoming astronauts to fund his career, then feel free to pull him out!" 

    "Fine." He sighed. "But I better not get a call from the art teacher saying that Spike ripped out her larynx. Actually she wouldn't be able to say anything because Spike ripped out her lar-" He paused when everyone began laughing. "This point is just keep him out of trouble."

   Right after Donald's sentence, Adam came out from behind the desk laughing with a pair of red boxing gloves in his hands. "Hey. Look what I found." He threw punches in the air before punching Chase in the stomach causing him to fall to the floor.

   "You better take care of him." Donald said, looking pointedly at Elowen who nodded before turning to see Adam squeak, hiding behind Bree.

    "Spike is not gonna come out to attack you, Adam." Elowen sighed. "But if you keep hitting him, I wouldn't be surprised if he did."

    Adam let out a sigh at this. "Look, I'm sorry, but if he's that close to the gloves it's gonna happen."

authors note;❣️short chapter but I just wanted to post something , anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed reading! <33

authors note;
❣️short chapter but I just wanted to post something , anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed reading! <33