Chapter 1: Back to Reality

"...well, I guess this is it."

Standing in front of the seven brothers, I said my goodbyes. I nervously chuckled and said, "I didn't expect the year to go by so quick." I tried to lighten the mood, but it didn't seem to work. Belphie suddenly stepped up, standing in front of me.

"Thank you for everything you've done for us...for me."

"I didn't do much—"

"Don't you dare say that!"

I looked behind Belphie, startled that Asmo raised his voice. "You've helped us in more ways than one!" he said a matter of factly. I noticed his eyes starting to water. He turned to look at Satan, avoiding any more eye contact with me.

"As much as you keep trying to deny it, you've brought my brothers and I closer together."

Beel approached, standing beside Belphie. The rest of the brothers all approached the twins, standing before me. With Lucifer in front of all of them, he reached for my hand and said, "Thank you."

He placed a soft kiss on the back of my hand in gratitude. After, he let go and I gazed at him and the other brothers.

"It's time to send her back to the human world," said Barbatos. I backed away from them, joining him and Lord Diavolo.

"It was a pleasure to have you as a student at R.A.D.," Lord Diavolo smiled.

"Thank you for having me," I answered, trying my best not to choke on my words.

"Are you ready?" Barbatos asked. I took a deep breath and nodded at him. I turned to face the seven demon brothers and waved them goodbye as Barbatos sent me back home.

"We'll miss you!"

"Don't forget about us!!"

"Get home safe!!!"

I heard all of them call out to me until I was finally teleported back to the human world.

I ended up returning into my small home, in my bedroom. The air isn't as humid as I had become accustomed to. It's so much lighter and cooler.

I went up to my window, seeing it was cloudy outside. Moments went by and I saw some small white clumps fall from the sky.

The snow.

New Years is here...time to return to my reality...

...

2 weeks went by since MC was returned to the human world. The brothers were all dealing with their sadness in the ways they knew best.

Belphegor would sleep his woes away as much as he could...but would feel even worse since he would constantly dream about her.

Beelzebub would work out, pushing himself to the point that he would be completely drenched in sweat. Though his physique couldn't possibly get any better than what it already was, he felt exercising would make him get his mind off her. Even his constant hunger started to slightly wither.

Asmodeus spent most of his time purchasing many new outfits, accessories, and skincare regimens to experiment with. He realized he had let his appearance falter a little now that MC wasn't around, so he was trying to correct it as best as he could.

Satan spent most of his time in the library, reading some books he had recently ordered from the human world. MC had given him a small list of books she felt he would enjoy and has been binge reading them since.

Leviathan has also been purchasing an abundance of items. He has gotten new games and gadgets to keep him entertained. However, when a particular game arrived, Dogi-Maji, he stopped. It was the newer version he had promised MC he'd get so they could play it together.

Mammon continued with his routine, gambling and modeling as per usual. His brothers noticed how nonchalant he was now that MC wasn't around. He would tell them it didn't affect him, but on the inside, he was full of sorrow. In fact, most nights, he'd go to a local bar to drink his feelings away. The alternative would be staying up in his room, letting his sorrows grow with every single thought he had of her.

Lucifer...

Nothing changed with him on the exterior. Like his brothers, he was upset that MC was no longer around, however, instead of feeling profound sadness...he thought of her in a different light.

In a very perverse...sadistic manner.

This came to be due to the final moments he had with her.

Memories of her being in his bed...completely submitting to his every whim...

And even if he didn't want to admit it to himself, he liked when she took control, using their pact to her advantage to become dominant.

When it comes to the beings that returned to the Celestial Realm, they could empathize with the brothers...

Especially Luke.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, he missed the Devildom...he missed the demon brothers...but he especially missed MC. She was always willing to try his desserts and other dishes and would give him honest critiques on his cooking.

Simeon could tell how down Luke would be after he'd make something. He missed MC as well, but the high demand for a new TSL volume kept him occupied along with his angelic duties.

Solomon had been continuing his potion analyses, mixing and recreating certain potions he'd made in the Devildom. He'd also make the attempt at helping Luke with cooking, but would only cause either the food to become inedible or some kind of kitchen accident. Luke decided to have him be a taste tester, mentioning that he no longer had MC to help him.

•~•~•~•~•~•

2 years have gone by since I returned to the human world from the Devildom.

I managed to return to my part-time job and was finally able to catch up with my studies from the year I missed. Final semester of college. I can do it!

I grabbed my backpack and left my home, going to my car and driving to the campus.

When I arrived, I went to my first class and sat down in the center of the room. You can do it MC!

"I need you to go to the human world and find her."