Chapter 8: Where Is She?

Many days passed since then.

The brothers informed Lucifer of the few details MC recalled. He found it odd that she could remember the pacts she'd formed with his brothers, but not with him. Although he was slightly bothered by this fact, he couldn't necessarily force her to remember. He needed to be patient with her road to recovering her memory.

MC was making the attempt to get comfortable while the brothers all continued with their activities at R.A.D.. However, they created a schedule so that one of them could remain with MC during the day. They all decided on going with the order of the pacts, hoping that it would help with her memory somehow.

Before they knew it, it was Lucifer's day to remain at home.

I was with the brothers in the living room, watching them getting ready to leave. Right when they were going towards the door, all of them stood by me.

"We'll be back soon. Don't miss us too much~" Asmo said. I smiled and waved at them as they left the home.

Once they were gone, I glanced at Lucifer.

"I will be in my study if you need me for anything," he answered as he walked away.

"Wait, do you mind if I join you?"

He stopped walking, but didn't turn around. "All I'll be doing is organizing some files for R.A.D. and scheduling a few events."

"I can help. I usually organize my stuff to keep myself occupied."

"...Alright," he said dryly as he went up to his office door. I quickly went up to him and we both entered his study.

I was absolutely blown away with how large this room was in comparison to the other rooms I've seen. It was just as big as the library Satan showed me.

He looked over his shoulder, seeing her marvel at her surroundings. He softly grinned to himself, remembering that she had the exact same reaction when she came to the Devildom the first time.

"She's still the same," he thought.

I went up to his desk, seeing the large stacks of paper that lay atop it. I sat down on the other side of it. When Lucifer went to sit down, I couldn't help but giggle a little bit.

"Is something wrong?" I calmed myself down, then said, "I just...I can't see you because of all the files."

I stood up and looked over it, now being able to see him. I smiled at him, then looked at the top pages. I grabbed a folder, then grabbed the chair and went around his desk, placing it next to him. I sat down, then opened the folder and looked through the pages. It's a very long list of event suggestions the student body at R.A.D. have asked for.

"How about I take care of everything that has to do with the events while you do the scheduling?"

"Are you sure MC? The workload for scheduling is a little less than-"

"I'm sure. In order to get this done faster and efficiently, it is necessary to divide the work up into sections."

As they began working, he'd glance at MC every now and then. With pen in hand, she'd mark off which events she feels are worth considering for the upcoming years. She would grin to herself at the silly suggestions or would have a little disgusted look at questionable ones.

With each facial expression he saw, it only made him feel warm inside.

MC was starting to get through the paperwork quickly, which surprised Lucifer. She was stacking up the completed files and set them aside to ensure they wouldn't be mixed with the others. Before he knew it, most of the work in front of his desk was now on the right side, completed.

As I was finishing, I glanced to my left, seeing how much Lucifer needed to complete. He was nearing completion as well. I looked at the notepad in front of him, seeing his notes. I grinned and said, "That's the same way I do it too." I looked at him and noticed his eyes were fixated on me.

"You showed me MC."

I awkwardly grinned at him. "I did?" He furrowed his brows slightly, then put the notepad and pen on his desk. He turned to face me then reached out to hold my left hand.

"I've been told that you are starting to remember things, but it seems you've been struggling with recalling anything you and I have done. I've tried to be patient, but it's killing me to know that I'm the only one you can't seem to remember." His voice is getting a little shaky...yet he's trying to remain calm.

"I just want to know why. Why am I the only one you can't seem to remember?" he muttered.

I readjusted the grip he had on my hand, now holding it in my own. I gazed into his eyes and said, "I'm not too sure myself. I've truly tried to remember you, but with every attempt, nothing has resurfaced." I could see how upset he was getting.

With my right hand, I reached out and held the side of his face. He looked at me with surprise in his eyes.

"Although I can't remember, don't think I don't care about you. I've seen the photos on the D.D.D. I have. I've seen the pictures and videos I have of you and your brothers from my first time in the Devildom. Most moments I've shared with you all were luckily saved so I could revisit."

I let go of his face and looked downward. Where am I going with this?

I closed my eyes, then said, "I'm grateful for your continuous help and encouragement, even though you seem to be the only one I can't remember." I looked back up at him and said, "Thank you."

He couldn't respond. He was too surprised at her sincerity.

He let go of his hand and turned in his seat, facing forward again. Woah...why did my heart thump like that all of a sudden?

He gently cleared his throat and said, "We should complete this quickly. There's only a little bit left." I turned in my seat and hummed in response, picking up the pen again and grabbing the few pages I had left to complete.

By the time the two finished everything, the other brothers arrived home. They immediately went to Lucifer's office, knowing he'd be inside. They all barged in at once, seeing him in despair. He was looking down at his desk, holding his forehead and pushing his hair upward.

"What's wrong with you?" Satan asked.

"Is all that work too much for you?" Asmo asked.

"Need help?" Beel offered.

Lucifer looked up at his brothers and said, "No. The work is all complete."

"Then why are you so down?" Belphie asked.

He sighed in response.

"If you're not feeling well, why don't you ask Diavolo that you need a few days off?" Levi suggested.

"Don't worry. I'm fine. Just exhausted from the workload," he said.

"By the way, where's MC?"

"Most likely in her room," Lucifer answered.

"I'm gonna go see her," Mammon said.

As soon as he said those words, he dashed to the door, knowing his brothers would follow him. They started pushing and shoving each other, trying to get up the stairs and to her room.

When they all arrived to her bedroom, they opened the door, barging in...

"Where is she?"