Chapter 12: Beelzebub - Wrong Ingredient

The next morning...

I heard continuous footsteps going back and forth and a door open and close, gradually getting louder and louder. I slowly felt my eyes open, slightly squinting to the surprisingly bright room. Weren't the blinds closed before?

The door creaked open once more. I looked at it, seeing Beelzebub pushing the door open with his back. When he turned around, I saw him holding two massive trays, stacked as high as possible with different dishes.

When he turned around and noticed I was staring at him, he said joyfully, "MC, you're awake!" He pushed the door shut with his foot and walked towards me, effortlessly balancing the trays in the palms of his hands.

He sat down by my bedside, placing one of the trays on my nightstand and the the other on his lap. The size of the trays and mountain of different foods stacked on it made me wonder if that small nightstand could resist that much weight. I kept looking back and forth between the two trays. The longer I stared between the two, the more my mouth began to water. My stomach is about to growl...I can feel it.

I cleared my throat and looked away from it, focusing on Beel. He chuckled.

"Where is everyone?"

He smiled and said, "My brothers went to the Demon Lord's castle. Diavolo wanted to get a detailed report of the incident."

"Shouldn't you have gone with them?"

"Belphie, Lucifer, and Diavolo agreed that I should stay with you. Barbatos stopped by earlier this morning and took my statement so the report would be complete." I hummed in response. I had a feeling Belphie had something to do with this decision.

I took a deep breath, then sat up. Beel grabbed the tray and got up from the bed, then placed it down onto the mattress. He then helped me sit on the side of my bed, making sure that I was comfortable.

As soon I looked at the floor, I saw an abundance of snacks scattered about. Some were left untouched, while others were completely empty, with very little crumbs left behind. So that's reason he kept coming and going. I'm surprised he didn't eat the wrappers.

"I brought all of these snacks to satiate my hunger while I prepared your breakfast."

I glanced at Beel, seeing a small pink tint dust his cheeks from embarrassment.

"Well, you brought two loaded trays of different kinds of foods. Even though I'm starving, I doubt I'd be able to finish it all by myself." He met my gaze, his eyes sparkling at my insinuation. I looked at the tray beside him, then noticed...most of the food he prepared are my favorites...

"Let me go wash up really quick and then we can dig in." He eagerly nodded, then got up from the bed. He stood in front of me and held his hand out to me. I grabbed it firmly and he helped me stand. The more I moved around made me realize that I'm not in much pain, just sore and somewhat stiff.

He escorted MC to the bathroom, then left her in there to do her morning routine. He stood outside the bathroom, patiently waiting for her to come out...for a few seconds.

The aroma from the different foods he prepared hit his nostrils. His mouth began to water as he stared intently at the food like a predator stalking its prey. Just as quickly, he averted his gaze and covered his nose, trying his best to wait for MC to come out.

When I finished, I suddenly heard a low rumbling sound on the other side of the bathroom door. I reached for and opened the door, seeing Beel standing beside it.

"Beel?"

He immediately turned around, facing me. He had plugged his nose and covered his eyes with his hands. His face was turning almost purple!